New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
kathyd

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by kathyd »

Hi Kone,
Thx for updating us.. And so glad you are maintaining the gains you made!! Thats wonderful.
Did you experience the expected return of symptoms during the so called" inflammatory period "as a result of the shockwave treatment?
Dr A and his parter told us to be ready for relapse back into pain...for awhile
Tho my husband and I were happily surprised by how well I felt while in Cornwall, my inflammatory response was really bad and my pain meds have never done much...
I was one of the last patients who got shockwave treatment by his partner Glenn and I believe he overdid the shockwave on me, in order to get the most benefit out of short 5 day trip there..Im guessing thats why the inflammation kicked before I even went home..(After Fridays treatment). I an a small gal with a very tight abdomen PSOAs (I'm guessing it could be due to varicosities and /or adhesions...or both as I am prone to adhesions.

My thought is that maybe now DR A is going a bit easier on the shockwave part than Glenn did.. and Im eager to see how others fare with his current treatment..

. so Im still keeping DR A's treatment protocol way in the back of my mind,,,as a treatment based on the sitting I did while there...

I also had a few week period in Sept where I was able to perch/sit a bit and enjoy participating in life again..
Then things got worse again. in Oct and have been worse since.

So thanks again for the info.. and so happy for you..

Pls folks if anyone else who saw DR A since May has gotten decent relief.. pls post!
Thx!
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

HI Kone
One more quick question
Where was your pain felt...did you cut out a cushion to accommodate your pain? ... or did you find one that worked?
Thx!
ritak

Post by ritak »

Hey Kone,
It was very interesting reading your trip to Cornwall. I hope that you just continue to get better and stay that way. I have not been on this site for sometime. Do you feel like you can maintain on your own what the treatment delivered?I am seeing a chiropractor in Woodbury twice a week that has helped me a great deal.He knows of Pudendal Neuralgia and his receptionist had the surgery by Dr Antolak 10 years ago. He uses some high powered lasers, other tools and his hands to rid my whole pelvic/hip/leg area of hot spots,trigger points etc... I have been in rehab with him 5 months now. I dont know just how far his treatments will take me. Kinda get the feeling you get so far with this and its sort of a maintanance issue. I have recently been able to work at my dental assisting job without too much discomfort 2 days in a row. Thats huge for me! I also got woke up to the fact that the psoas muscles,adductors,piriformus all on the side that I get my pain are extremely tight. I still have to take pain meds ( tramadol) daily but do ot have to take the Vicoden so much. I will be interested in hearing from you in regards to your continued success with your treatments.
Peace,
Rita
perineal pain started may 2011
continue to take Tramadol daily, Vicodin as needed
Dr Antolak diagnosed PN in Jan 2012, not sure about his diagnosis
recomendations he gave me were injections....which I decided not to do
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Rita
Thx for posting
I also went to Cornwall... It was noted there that the same muscles you mentioned were very tight with me esp on my pain side...The other side was better. My psoas was esp tight according to dr A.
I also saw a rheumatologist who is analyzing my issues ..she just noted the same thing..So I will have to see how to address that..
This tightness is an issue for many of us.
ritak

Post by ritak »

hi kathyd
yes i think my body has been working on this for years with all these tight muscles.i did ballet for many years(30) and then was very active physically.i also sit on one hip at my job which i believe adds to the pelvic rotation.my right big toe does not hit the ground due to a bunionectomy i had many years ago. they had to shorten my big toe due to lack of cartilage and thus now i dont walk correctly. the body is all tied together and one thing leads to another. so yes my body has been working on this for years. just would like to get it back to a somewhat normal function. i am just not there yet.
how are you doing now that you had your treatment in cornwall?
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Hi Rita!

I have so far maintained the gains from Cornwall. I can sit virtually all day long now (with a pad) and perhaps for an hour without the pad. I consider myself probably 50% cured. I will likely go back for a second round in the next couple of months. I am encouraged by the results and am hoping for more. I wish you would either write me in regards to the chiropractor in Woodbury or post his name. I would be interested in seeing him too. Dr. Andrews mentioned another person from MN that he recently treated. I thought it might me you. Glad to hear that you are better. I hope you continue to make more gains. Some day, soon I hope, an effective laproscopic pudendal procedure will be available for PN'ers in teh USA. A MD in Turkey has performed about 30 operations, and as he posts his results and perfects his techniques, perhaps we will get a better surgery and the American MD's will adopt it. I still think the Trans-gluteal approach is too traumatic.

kone
ritak

Post by ritak »

Hi Kone,
The chiropractor I am seeing in Woodbury is Dr Chad Bieler MN Spine and Sport 651-459-3171. The receptionist there, her name is Bethany had PN surgery by Dr Antolak. Chad does hands on treatment scoping out all the trigger points and scar tissue involved in this disorder. He also has high powered laser and many other"toys" he uses to break up scar tissue. It is not usually very pleasant and can be downright painful as he has been digging his way through all my gunk in my lower body. It is working though. I still have a long way to go. My feelings is I needed someone to get through all this scar tissue and trigger points I have accumulated through the years anyway so I am continuing on with this treatment.
I am happy for you that you are having continued success. Being able to sit, do your work, live your life etc... is a wonderful feeling. Continue on with that. If you need someone to see to assist you in furthering your treatment I would highly reccomend Chad. I have seen a lot of people in the Twin Cities over the past 2 years and he is definitley the guy to see.
peace,rita
about 70% better
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Rita,

Thanks for the information. He sounds like what I need too. My PT is too gentle and I am not progressing. I will definitely look to book an appointment with him.

kone
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Rita, I saw in your signature that you have been diagnosed with FAI in your left hip. Are you pursuing this diagnosis with an arthroscopic hip surgeon?

Since my arthroscopic hip surgery, my obturator internus has finally settled down after two years of chronic spasming. Now it's nice and soft and not causing any more pain. This was the same experience with Beverley, another woman who had a hip scope this year. I would strongly encourage you to consult with a hip surgeon if your OI continues to be a a source of pain for you. See this thread for more info: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=9&t=3487
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
ritak

Post by ritak »

Hi Lernica, I did have an MRI of my low back ,pelvis and abdominal area in Aug of 2011. That is when they saw the the left hip slight early degeneration. I did see a hip surgeon that recomended PT which i was already doing at the time.I am not a candidate for hip surgery at all. It's not at that stage yet and may never be.Since all of my pain is on my right side including the spasmed obturator on the right and this degneration is on my left I have not pursued anything else for this left hip. I have had an enourmous amount of work done on both sides. Would an MRI show a labriel tear? Would I be having pain on my right side if I had a hip problem like a tear on my right? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
about 70% better

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”