Surgery dilemma

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
koshu

Re: Surgery dilemma

Post by koshu »

zazzaleon wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:09 pm Dear Koshu ,

I am sad to hear that you are not getting better .

You had the surgery done from Dr. Bollens ? you do not have any improvement at all ?
It was with Dr Bollens, yes. Initially there were improvements with bladder emptying/post urine dribble, and night-time and morning erections. Any improvements have now gone. I'm going to get intensive myofascial release treatment in November (using the John F Barnes method) and we will see if this can improve the fascial restrictions in my body that are probably causing all this. There will be sessions targeting the pelvic floor specifically (which is where I am now convinced that the pudendal nerve is entrapped) along with addressing the total body dysfunction. I wish I had discovered this before deciding to get myself cut open, but it is a sign of my desperation.
'
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

koshu wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:13 am

You had the surgery done from Dr. Bollens ? you do not have any improvement at all ?
It was with Dr Bollens, yes. Initially there were improvements with bladder emptying/post urine dribble, and night-time and morning erections. Any improvements have now gone. I'm going to get intensive myofascial release treatment in November (using the John F Barnes method) and we will see if this can improve the fascial restrictions in my body that are probably causing all this. There will be sessions targeting the pelvic floor specifically (which is where I am now convinced that the pudendal nerve is entrapped) along with addressing the total body dysfunction. I wish I had discovered this before deciding to get myself cut open, but it is a sign of my desperation.
'
How is your current situation? How is your pain?
koshu

Post by koshu »

Westbluu wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:02 pm

'
Still exactly the same as before. there is no pain, Bollens says pain is the first sign of recovery. I spoke to him on Tuesday for our 3 month update, he says recovery is from 6 months to 2 years. I am still completely numb and can’t see that changing anytime soon. I suppose it was worth a try but I wish I could go back in time and not get this done.
Westbluu

Post by Westbluu »

koshu wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 pm
Westbluu wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:02 pm

'
Still exactly the same as before. there is no pain, Bollens says pain is the first sign of recovery. I spoke to him on Tuesday for our 3 month update, he says recovery is from 6 months to 2 years. I am still completely numb and can’t see that changing anytime soon. I suppose it was worth a try but I wish I could go back in time and not get this done.
If there is no pain, it means it is good, you are getting better. I also have loss of numbness. in the anus, perineum and penis.
Did you have pain in the anus perineum and penis before your surgery? For example, I cannot sit for an hour.
koshu

Post by koshu »

No, I had no pain prior to surgery, only functional symptoms and loss of penile sensation. So the lack of pain doesn’t really represent an improvement and I’d actually quite like some pain so show that something is happening.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Koshu, did you start the Barnes method yet?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”