Choosing a Surgeon

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
GregT

Re: Choosing a Surgeon

Post by GregT »

That's just great, paulette. I'm really happy to be seeing so many of you doing well after surgery. Hang in there and don't let the bad days (if you happen to have any) get you down. It's all a part of the recovery.

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
Amanda

Re: Choosing a Surgeon

Post by Amanda »

A's Mommy

Yes I agree with you that not everyone who has TG surgery develops CRPS...but many of us do....it is not due to the surgery but moreso the time involved and our own nerve responses that create this new diagnosis..one which is not easily diagnosed nor solved.
I recently have had an injury of the illoguinal ligament and internal oblique muscle which has been torn....I have rolled aobut in agony however now it is healing and easing but suddenly my CRPS has kicked in big time...the skin sensitivity and crawling sensations are worse than ever....why doe sthe body respond to injury int his manner???? Who knows but it is a definite diagnosis and a life long one...and one that means that minor surgeries like dental work can cause huge flareups of unexpected areas of the body and develops a huge awareness that anything new is a huge intrusion to the whole CRPS system and its reactions.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “SURGERY”