varioceles in alcocks canal

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
kathyd

Re: varioceles in alcocks canal

Post by kathyd »

Hi all
Thanks pdn and everyone for the info on varicosities. I appreciate your advice.
Based on my experiecne with having one side embolized with no relief and everything Im reading it doesn't sound like another one would be worth the money and the pain incurred by more MRI and procedure (pain from laying on the table etc)
Since many folks have these varices it may be that compression as mentioned in PN's post is causing the varices to be enlarged..?? rather than the varices causing the compression?
I feel restriction in that area when trying to pee, when standing and now even when walking. I feel something putting and pressure on the area as soon as I am putting weight on it
I wonder which surgeon is best for someone with varices..or if even is a factor?
Thx again,
kathy
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

I had large varcosities in both sides (male). Had embolization in Fairfax VA 6 weeks ago. So far I think it may be working a bit but is no cure yet. Doc said maybe it could take three months for the area to calm down. Some of my pelvic pain is less but the anal pain is worse like a new burning.
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

I had huge varisosities in pelvic area. Has two coil embolizations which did nto help Pn at all.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”