Disability insurance

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
Quilter 2

Re: Disability insurance

Post by Quilter 2 »

Hello to everyone;
I don't know where this goes, but I know our mods keep people like me straight. Thanks to all the mods.

First, this not a good day so I hope I can get this out fast. My puter has been down for 2 wks and I'm lost without all of my PN friends.

Disability; I finally got a new lawyer! Let's hope this one does me justice. I told his para legal they could have all the back pay, just get me on the program so I can stop with this nonsence. (Not legal) I feel if some PNR's are getting disability, then a presedence has been sent. So for all of you on Disability in the states if you don't mind, will you please tell me what state you're in? PM me if you don't want to put it out there. If you don't want to do that, then thanks for at least listening. I want to prove to the judge that some get it and some don't. Now SS is federal, so it shouldn't matter where you live. Or am I missing something?

Botox; Got it through the ins and waited 3 wks. NOTHING. No change. Damn I was hoping for a few weeks of relief. But to keep positive, I'm thinking that just by having the shot, it will give the docs more info. Still going to PT but think that's going nowhere at this point so need to give that more thought.

Lastly, I know it will be difficult, but please try to enjoy the holidays in what ever form you can.
This site has been the best present I could have ever gotten. Kat, you know I love you with all my heart. Thanks for the phone calls.
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
GraceUnderFire

Post by GraceUnderFire »

Hey Doreen,

Glad to hear you got a new lawyer. I got disability on the first go around in PA. Saw Dr. Hibner & Loretta last week and all I can say is they are both AMAZING! I am scheduled for left side surgery with him on August 15th.

This has to be short; the trip to Phoenix and trying to get ready for the holidays has me kind of worn out and flaring.

:)

Grace
Woke screaming from ab hyst 6/08
Diagnosed w/PN, ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neuralgias 1/09
3 PN blocks w/Dr Quesada
Rt side TIR, ilioinguinal neurectomy & vestibulectomy 5/09 Dr Conway
Left side TIR 2/10 Dr Conway
Potter MRI 9/10 and consultation w/Loretta & Dr Hibner 12/10
Bilateral ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral release w/Dr. Hashemi Aug 2011 left & Sept rt
Bilateral TG surgery w/Dr. Conway will be in January 2012
donstore

Post by donstore »

Hey Doreen,
I have had some experience with disability hearings for SSI. The administrative law judge is the decider. Look miserable, use a cane, cry, lay down, mumble- whatever it takes and make it real. If you're not feeling as bad as you've ever felt, then put yourself in that place. This is the judge's only chance to evaluate your claim face to face. You want him to feel your pain, to know what it's like to be you. What he says is what counts. Forget about dignity or pride. You want to be brave but broken. If he goes for it, I believe they will give you back checks from the date of your first application. No matter how I am feeling, I never sit up for any medical appt. and I always speak slowly. There is a place on the medical interview form they fill out where they officially record this fact. It's too bad that it is necessary to do this, but with a condition as rare and hard to quantify as PN, truth is even more so in the eye of the beholder. We know how real it is but the trick is often to convince someone else.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Hi Donstore;
Thank-you. Did you get SSI and if so where are you located? I'm trying to collect states where PN Disability has been granted. Sounds nuts, but I'm trying to get as much info as possible for the lawyer, judge and whoever else needs info.
So far I know of one in PA and OR. I know I've seen others, but at the time I didn't write them down so I need to go back and see what states I can collect.
Thanks so much for the help. Most of the time I can't sit, so that's not a problem. I really hate to lay down on the judges benches but I guess it's that or the floor.
My best;
Doreen
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
donstore

Post by donstore »

Hi Doreen,
Never got SSI for PN. Just familiar with the process. Lay down, floor, bench, wherever. Good luck.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Hi Donstore;
Thanks. Things are getting worse as time goes on. I hate not doing the things for my family and friends, especially this time of year. I must say, they are all the greatest group I could ask for. It's mostly my husband I worry about. He's 67, was with a capital w going to retire right before I got sick. Now he still works fulltime and overtimes, plus all the other stuff I did. Thank god I was always a big saver, so we haven't lost our house or vehicles like so many have done. My heart really goes out to all of them.
Well, if you do ever know different states that disability was granted for PN please let me know. I'm sick of TV so collecting states is my new project!!
Thank-you once again and have some happy times through the holiday season.
Doreen
3T MRI with Dr. Potter

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”