any benefit to nerve block at alcock canal location?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
calluna

Re: any benefit to nerve block at alcock canal location?

Post by calluna »

Lexie, there is no way for us to buy either pregabalin(Lyrica) or gabapentin in the UK as they are both prescription drugs. I don't know how things work in Eire.

If you are not sure about whether your doctor told you to take these two meds together, then it might be an idea to check back with him about this. I too have never heard of these two being taken together.

Hope things are easier for you soon.
lexie

Post by lexie »

Geez Violet Ihave been popping both these pills together at low doses and i am Ok but I wont anymore...thanks for the heads up.

I wasgone for a whoile because I had to take care of my mom for nealry 2 years in ireland plus deal with severe wrist injuries and on and off PNE pain. it was extremely dificlut and the wrist pain was unbearable so for a year I coudl not use my hands at all practially. it was a nightmare.

ulnar impaction syndronme on both wrists--only cure surgery with shortened ulnar bone with plates and screws . my typing is very limited. I carry only up to 1 pint by hand and that can be symptomatic so I back pack it all but very limited as it givesme bad shuld er pain.

so as long as I don't do much with my hands, dont sit much and don't poop I will be just fine,,,,,,,,,,LOL--what a life eh?

sorry for the poop wording I mean go to the bathroom----will use that from now on...sorry folks!!! just trying to put some humor into all this!! kinda helps me at times.

I will stay in touch but I don ot have a laptop in ireland I cannot afford it and I woudl need to walk into town ot a internet cafe with laptops and sit on hard chairs for god know how long but if I can I will pop in and sit for a few minutes just to say a quick hello. the weather in ireland is very cold and walking into town for me is very difficult with the cold. I have no car cannot drive cos if hands and cannot afford it anyway If I could.
love lexie XX
lexie

Post by lexie »

After reading my own post .......maybe I should find a way to stay in the USA.............someday ,,,,,,,,maybe.

lexie
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Lexie,

You're funny. :) Well, your mom was lucky to have you taking care of her but it sounds like you've had a really rough time. Sounds like a really tough decision you have to make right now too. Wish it was easier for all of us.....

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Lexie please do check with your doctor, don't just stop taking one of your meds.

Both pregabalin/Lyrica and gabapentin are drugs that you should not just suddenly stop, there is a risk of seizures if you do this, they need to be tapered off.
lexie

Post by lexie »

Hello all,
I will take the advice on the drugs..
there is improvment wiht this pudendal ct scan block. I am going to call them today with my update. not 100% as i had a bowel movment and some sharp pain went to the citoral area but I have notice improvment.

I beleive they do 3 of these blocks via ct scan per hibeners protocal. so before I go back to ireland in january do you think I should go for the second...I think I should it could just finsishoff this for me seeing as there is improvment. I bleieve this was the direction I should have gone in first but of course its trial etc to find what helps.

i will call them today adn keep u all posted. I dont want to jinx myslef being a little happy today so I will just keep on doing what iam dong.

of cours e a bowel movment today has flared it up a bit the shapr pain to the clitoral area but not as bad as before but I am on mirilax every day now without fail.
I CAN NOT AFFORD TO GET CONSTIPATED EVER AGAIN AND THAT SCARES ME TO NO END B/C I WOULD BE RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED.
i am walking everyday and not sitting so its all helping a little.

I hope you all are doing Ok out there..............love t you all-- I will keep u all posted. need to start looking at ll my typos from now on...sorry.
love lexie XX
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Glad you're doing a little better, Lexie. ;) I guess follow your instincts on whether to have more nerve blocks. I'm sure you've read the benefits vs. the risks from what other patients have reported.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
lexie

Post by lexie »

I spoke to soon...........

its back................even lying on my bed right now its sharp like soemthing sticking into my vaginl.clitoral area. Oh god I wish it would just go away!!

I am kinda fine if i don't sit at all.

I have noticed at night when I don tget up to pee I hold the urine in cos its cold getting out of bed this causes the stinging sharp pain, the tightening of the muscles.

I wonder if I took muscle relaxants wold it help over time. I will have to try I guess.

my only option now is the pain mangt, dr. for pain meds in december what could this man possibly prescribe me Ihavetried everything on the palnet.its gong to cost me $400 just to see him....then I hae to pay for pain meds..isit woth it I wonder to spend this kind of money when I am broke but I always say --whati fi what if--- and he could give me something new that just might work....then i fly back to ireland to see my mom for a while. if i get really bad at home again iwill have to return to start this over again and see HIbner and make sure I see him. I have a feeling this happened at the laproscopic hysterectomy like i said upon wakening I got this same pain same area --hell on earlh--for a few days but its back. I wonder what cold have happened? I will be contacing Amanda once I get to Ireland cos i cannot talk toher herein the usa. Hopefully i will get to meet her shesounds so lovley --I wont feel so alone in Ireland with this thing and maybe she might have some good advice etc on costs etc and healthcoverage and drs. outsideof the usa maybe in the uk but I feel more comfortalbe here in the usa to be honest.
Lexie---When does this ever end--
lexie
lexie

Post by lexie »

I spoke to soon...........

its back................even lying on my bed right now its sharp like soemthing sticking into my vaginl.clitoral area. Oh god I wish it would just go away!!

I am kinda fine if i don't sit at all.

I have noticed at night when I don tget up to pee I hold the urine in cos its cold getting out of bed this causes the stinging sharp pain, the tightening of the muscles.

I wonder if I took muscle relaxants wold it help over time. I will have to try I guess.

my only option now is the pain mangt, dr. for pain meds in december what could this man possibly prescribe me Ihavetried everything on the palnet.its gong to cost me $400 just to see him....then I hae to pay for pain meds..isit woth it I wonder to spend this kind of money when I am broke but I always say --whati fi what if--- and he could give me something new that just might work....then i fly back to ireland to see my mom for a while. if i get really bad at home again iwill have to return to start this over again and see HIbner and make sure I see him. I have a feeling this happened at the laproscopic hysterectomy like i said upon wakening I got this same pain same area --hell on earlh--for a few days but its back. I wonder what cold have happened? I will be contacing Amanda once I get to Ireland cos i cannot talk toher herein the usa. Hopefully i will get to meet her shesounds so lovley --I wont feel so alone in Ireland with this thing and maybe she might have some good advice etc on costs etc and healthcoverage and drs. outsideof the usa maybe in the uk but I feel more comfortalbe here in the usa to be honest.
Lexie---When does this ever end--
lexie
calluna

Post by calluna »

Lexie, so sorry you are in pain again. Please do use some ice, it will help. For lots of us it is our first and best help. Also - free!

Hyperavoidance of sitting is a very good idea.

With regard to your pain management doctor, he needs to know that you are not getting effective pain relief - in fact maybe ring up in the morning and speak to his secretary, leave a message that you are having real difficulties at the moment? Doctors do need feedback from us, otherwise how do they know that everything isn't perfectly fine with us.

It is important to remember that he has not yet prescribed you either gabapentin/Neurontin or pregabalin/Lyrica at anything like the usual dose for pain relief. So you haven't tried either of these two yet, not really. ;)

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”