New- Pudendal or Vulvodynia?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
jo1

Re: New- Pudendal or Vulvodynia?

Post by jo1 »

Looking back I went to the pain clinic not trying to 'cure' this but to manage it, after Botox, mind altering tablets and a few ops I'd given up on a cure. I told myself this was how it was and I'd deal with using painkillers and occasional injections. And a 'cure' ensued accidentally!

I am so sad that so many of you are going through this at greater degrees than I could imagine . I truly hope that each of you get some respite from your conditions. It can be utterly horrendous x
Violet M

Re: New- Pudendal or Vulvodynia?

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for the info, Jo. It's nice to hear from someone who feels like they are cured. ;)
We rarely hear of cures from nerves blocks on this forum so it's good to know that they work for some people and reminds us why the docs do them before considering surgery. Do you know what kind of medication was in the blocks?

Wishing you continued pain-free days. :)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”