surgery

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
chillijava

Re: surgery

Post by chillijava »

hi molly
where did you have you surgery and why chose them, just curious
andrea
Lenny33

Post by Lenny33 »

Hi Andrea, Just to correct Molly, Bill Taylor was not trained by Maeve whelan or Ruth Lovegrove. He knows them well and has run courses with them but Bill was trained in States by Stephanie Prendegast seen widely as one of the leading physios in the world on PN. He states he has also developed a techique to partly free or correct the P/Nerve by locating it with fingers and twanging it like guitar (forgive my simplified description). He works bit diff to MW & RL. Len
Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

I contacted the clinic in Winchester where Ruth Jones practises last week and she is still available for appointments there. Maybe she has also gone back to seeing people in Southampton as well. Dr Grenslade mentioned her when I last saw him but he did say that he didn't know anything about her apart from the fact that she has co- written a book. I am considering seeing her in July but my past experience with a physio has made me a little unsure whether to or not.
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

hi len
unfortunatly i am not in a position to go to scotland for pt, i am now thinking of not even bothering any more and just putting up with the constant pain, my husband is also sick of it all and i know he is thinking of leaving me, he needs someone who he can enjoy life with and thats not me. i cant do anything, i cant sit, bend from the waist, stretch its always there the constant burning , the only time i have any relief is when i am asleep in bed at night. i cant tolerate any of the meds i have been given, i have tried most of them, so surgery was my last hope and now i dont think thats appropriate either, so i may as well just not bother and give up

andrea
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Hi Andrea

Just posting the thread that Molly was referring to where Ruth Jones has posted giving her details

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =32&t=4272

please don't give up - i have been thinking of you since i read this thread.

Rosemary x
molly

Post by molly »

Hi Andrea,

I had my surgery in Turkey, huge leap of faith.

Do not give up, if you feel so unsure about pn surgery, why don,t you re visit the idea of a stimulator, please, please don,t give up on this dreadful condition.

I,m sorry if I go info. on Bill Taylor wrong, I was told this by Ruth.

Regards Molly
Lenny33

Post by Lenny33 »

Andrea, pls don't give up. Reading your story I could tell you are a strong person. Allbeit a strong person in pain. Get surgery out of your head. It would not of helped you. I felt certain of that from the moment I read your post. That's why I had to say something. Focus on managing pain, get med right, buy explain pain book by Moseley which will help. If you cannot see Bill Taylor in Edinburgh see a good pt. More importantly try to relax as the opposite will add to pain. Sounds like you have lot going on at home but talk about it to someone you can trust either counsellor or friend.
Lenny33

Post by Lenny33 »

Andrea, apologies, I think my last mail was unfair. I said in a earlier post my opinions are irrelevant as it's about the facts and your decision. The last post I sent was very much my opinion. You need to make the best decision for you. You need to make it not me or anyone else. Your pain is unique to you so if surgery feels right then go for it. My point was don't make the decision based on being in pain or desperate but on rational thought out decisions by checking all the facts. I regret mine you may not. Good luck though. L
molly

Post by molly »

Hi Len,

I bought the Explain Pain book and whilst it is a good book ultimarely knowing and understanding the mechanisms of chronic pain did not help. I donated my copy to a good cause a while ago.

Andrea,

I decded to go to Turkey as as Dr Tibet had a new technique. It made good sense to me and being in a bad dark place, thought I had to give it a go and take a chance.

My experience in experience i Turkey was,nt great, and I passed out with pain on the flight home, nearly causing the flight to be diverted.

Having said that I am now 12 months on and with the help of a new unorthodox therapist, can have some good days up to around 50% better than I was.

Don,t know if this is any help, all I can do is implore you not to give up.

Regards Molly
chillijava

Post by chillijava »

hi
i cant tolerate any of the usual meds, amitriptyline, gabapentin etc, they all give me severe anxiety symptoms, so i cant go that way, dr greenslade is quite happy to recommend the stimulator if the surgery doesnt work, but i dont know if bupa would pay for this as i have been told the machine costs around 20k and i couldnt afford that, i have also tried acupuncture, CB and also some physio but nothing has worked so far thats why the only real option to me is surgery. i see to be in between the devil and the deep blue sea

andrea

Return to “UK & IRELAND”