do people with unknown cause of PN recover?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
stephanies

Re: do people with unknown cause of PN recover?

Post by stephanies »

Dear Ellie,

Thank you for sharing your story. I have been on a low dose opiate for almost 6 years, but so far attempts to wean have been disasterous. Good for you for getting it done. I have had PN issues off and on for almost 10 years and while things are mostly okay right now, this has been a bad week. I read your granddaughter's comment and it brought (many) tears to my eyes. She sounds like a sweet, understanding girl. I also realized that she articulated my worst fear since I developed PN as a young mother and I hope and pray that I am enough for my family.

My best to you,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Ellie,
Glad you are doing a bit better and able to post some positives. I do understand and sympathize with a good vent now and again this is a trying condition. Even on the best days it is still with me and can be frustrating to never get away. It is wonderful you are able to get off the narcotics, I still take a few a week but the small time I had them constant was not good and I was glad to get acupuncture to resolve some pain and go back to as needed. I am happy to hear you have a lovely granddaughter being around youth I think keeps you young.
Stephanies - your family I bet is just so glad to have you around and that most certainly is enough. I don't think we can easily see that at times but despite my two conditions and toll it has taken on our lives my husband is more concerned with losing me than anything. My brother died almost two years ago and shortly after my husband said he did not want to see me go. Also he treasures the things I can still do that sometimes I forget - we all need to focus on those. I know it is hard for me and everyone with PN.Hang in there.
Take Care,
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Ellie, thanks for being honest. It would be wonderful if everyone who came here got better and moved on with their lives but unfortunately that's not the reality for everyone. It sounds like you feel you have pretty much exhausted all of your options. :( I am often amazed at the strength and courage of people like you who are still fighting after so many years.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
river133

Post by river133 »

Thank you Violet , Stephanie, Janet. We are enough.!! I am burning on all 4 cylinders tonight. You know what really helped me yesterday ? was two extra strength tylonal and two napracin. The darn stuff chews up my stomach so I can not take it too often. The napracin I mean. I feel so very sad for young Mommys with this.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”