Need a PN aware Physio

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Positivepoppy

Re: Need a PN aware Physio

Post by Positivepoppy »

Thanks for response, where is Ruth Jones based as I live in Wales?
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Southampton I live in Liverpool but it's well worth the trip. If you ring her she will give you a good telephone consultation. She is away this week but here is her number 07590 043684
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Huge thanks for her number I'm desperate to have some help. Had bilateral TG NERVE decompression surgery 4 months ago and still in chronic pain with nasty flare ups. I'm meant to be returning to my job in 6 weeks teaching but still unable to drive or walk far. Prior to surgery was promised a multidisciplined approach to aid recovery but sadly since the operation I have been ignored and had to start all over again trying to research help and advice to support recovery. Still have not seen my surgerical report despite requesting it as I feel it will help to show GP, physio and hopefully a pain management consultant if I can find one.
Sorry to sound negative out of character for me just having a big flare up at the moment and running out of ice cubes for my ice bag! My husband is home soon so sure I'll cheer up! Thanks again s in for your help and the number. It never ceases to amaze me how generous and kind people are on this forum sharing their stories and experiences, invaluable!
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Oh no I'm so sorry hun. Who did you have surgery with? I'm so angry on your behalf that doctors would treat you that way. The first time I saw Ruth I was suffering a huge flare up after having a nerve block and I started improving almost straight away. Ruth has told me that she has treated many people who have had surgery which has not worked and they have made recoveries through Physio. I hope you get some relief soon. Pm me if you want xx
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi
Just wanted to share my recent experience with a physio I finally found. Her name is mair whittal and she has trained with Ruth Jones in Southampton (thanks chrissy)
I had my first session with her yesterday and such was my pain that I could barely walk to her room and trying to get up on the bed was a struggle. Immediately I felt in safe and expert hands for the first time since hysterectomy last June that marked the beginning of this nightmare. I felt I was finally being treated with empathy and compassion, felt very emotional.
Seeing the delibilating pain I was in she decided to treat me there and then. I will say I was quite unprepared for the nature of the treatment, not for the faint hearted however if you are suffering with PN then any help is gratefully welcome.
She manipulated and started to break down my pelvic floor muscles internally (vaginally) and as my pelvic floor was so tight I will confess certain points nearly made me jump off the bed and my eyes pop out!! She also externally broke down muscles below and around my belly button, again incredibly painful.
As promised by physio I had a huge flare last night, shape stinging pain but miraculously this am it has eased, unheard of for me! As a footnote she recommended I read "a head in the pelvis" also I book some massage sessions to help break down scar tissue and help elivate body tension and also I've ordered a TENS machine this am and she is going to show me how to best use it.
I feel hopeful for the first time in this nightmare but it's really early days. I just wanted to share my experience with the forum and will give truthful regular updates.
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi
Just wanted to share my recent experience with a physio I finally found. Her name is mair whittal and she has trained with Ruth Jones in Southampton (thanks chrissy)
I had my first session with her yesterday and such was my pain that I could barely walk to her room and trying to get up on the bed was a struggle. Immediately I felt in safe and expert hands for the first time since hysterectomy last June that marked the beginning of this nightmare. I felt I was finally being treated with empathy and compassion, felt very emotional.
Seeing the delibilating pain I was in she decided to treat me there and then. I will say I was quite unprepared for the nature of the treatment, not for the faint hearted however if you are suffering with PN then any help is gratefully welcome.
She manipulated and started to break down my pelvic floor muscles internally (vaginally) and as my pelvic floor was so tight I will confess certain points nearly made me jump off the bed and my eyes pop out!! She also externally broke down muscles below and around my belly button, again incredibly painful.
As promised by physio I had a huge flare last night, shape stinging pain but miraculously this am it has eased, unheard of for me! As a footnote she recommended I read "a head in the pelvis" also I book some massage sessions to help break down scar tissue and help elivate body tension and also I've ordered a TENS machine this am and she is going to show me how to best use it.
I feel hopeful for the first time in this nightmare but it's really early days. I just wanted to share my experience with the forum and will give truthful regular updates.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

Thank you Chrissy and PositivePoppy for posting about your experiences - can't quite put into words how much it means to me - i have lost so much confidence in looking for help but have now booked to see Ruth Jones and my husband is taking me this week - it so helps to know that i may be going to the right place this time.
sincerely
Rosemary X
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

I feel sure you will receive much needed help I have heard from many including my physio how wonderful she is. You are in my thoughts
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Hi All!
I'm so glad that my post has helped some of you to potentially get some help. Even just hearing some positive outcomes I think is helpful. I was beginning to feel like there was no help for me and seeing Ruth I am now JUST starting to believe that I can get better. I would say that I feel 30-40% better after around 11 weeks of doing my Physio religiously! I have a positive mindset now though which is new haha! I try to walk and exercise where before I was terrified of a flare up, I feel like I am starting to get stronger and now I try to look at it like recovering from an injury.
I really hope you have a good appointment Rosemary. I will be thinking of you, and you poppy I hope you start to get results soon xxxx
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Ah chrissy that is fantastic news I'm over the moon for you, must be life changing. Have you been having weekly sessions with Ruth? I have got weekly sessions privately and delighted to say I have found another physio NHS route and she has also trained under the expert care of Ruth Jones and she sounded so compassionate over the phone and I can have unlimited sessions without paying!! So far in the last 11 months I have paid over £13,000 to be in t his state where I can barely walk! Never again will I advocate private as better.
I really hope you keep improving with physio and I'm delighted for you and your post as given me confidence and hope. Thank you hugely for sharing xx

Return to “UK & IRELAND”