Do you have trouble walking?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
jamiegross

Re: Do you have trouble walking?

Post by jamiegross »

Does anyone else feel like they could use new shock absorbers in their hips/pelvis?

YES!!! its so uncomfortable in my hips when i walk, i can't stand it.. i didn't notice this issue till three weeks ago right after i had botox.. i wonder why this would cause me to gain this sensation?

ughh
Pevlic pain 8/15/10
Diagnosed with PN 2/11
Currently taking lyrica & cymbalta, PT, acupuncture
ganglion impar block -triggered lower back and sacrum pain
botox injections- caused coccxydynia
Deviated my coccyx 6 months prior- had a horrible case of posion ivy right before symptoms began, connection?
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

Amanda wrote:I too would love to have a shock absorber system for the hips.....we should patent that idea!
I like to wear flip flops in the Summer but have found that I need more cushioning as my feet are beginning to complain often at the lack of cushioning...oh dear does it ever end the effects of PN!!! Maybe its my bunion after many years of too high heels but I dont think so.
I am about to invest in a pair of Fit Flops to see if they help...has anyone tried them?
When I wear wedge sandals I feel so much better with a little height, mind you I am already tall enough so I dont need the height as I seem to be towering over people around me.... :lol: :lol: I have noticed that many people ask me to reach up to do certain tasks that they cannot reach though.....!!!!
I too am a flip flop wearing gal and I bought a pair of fit flops a couple of years ago before all the cute designs came out so they are rather generic looking but extremely comfortable. Lots of cushioning!

Lernica, have you ever had your lower spine and sacrum checked out? I belong to a PN group on facebook and many of the people on there have issues with their lower back. You can check out the group if you have a Facebook account.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Griff522 wrote:

Lernica, have you ever had your lower spine and sacrum checked out? I belong to a PN group on facebook and many of the people on there have issues with their lower back.
Griff, an MRI of my lower back was negative for disc involvement or any other pathology.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
MsRivers

Post by MsRivers »

Walking doesn't seem to increase my rectal (pn) pain, it does increase my heel and foot pain. I can only stand and walk for brief time periods.
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

MsRivers wrote:Walking doesn't seem to increase my rectal (pn) pain, it does increase my heel and foot pain. I can only stand and walk for brief time periods.
Do you have proper arch supports in your shoes? Just wondering because fallen arches are a tremendous cause of foot and heel pain.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
MsRivers

Post by MsRivers »

No. Actually, I'm wearing Sketcher sandals. I tired of wearing tennis shoes and switched to the sandals. My feet hurt regarless of what I wear. They do tend to feel better with tennis shoes with inserts and arch supports. A podiatrist I saw x-rayed my feet, saw nothing of concern. What he did say is that he thought my heel pain was related to my pelvic surgery. This was the first doctor that validated my concerns for the surgery. He is an extremely caring doctor whom listened to my complete medical history and concluded the surgery was causing the foot pain.
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”