Why have we moved? Explanation

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Violet M

Re: Why have we moved? Explanation

Post by Violet M »

Welcome Sharon. You are indeed in the most difficult days but the good news is things will most likely get better from here on out now that the nerve has a chance to heal. Maybe you can give us some updates now and then in the case updates section. I would love to hear how things go for you!

Thanks for posting a link for HOPE on the ICN board. Hopefully those who have PN as well as IC will find their way over here.

Best wishes with you recovery. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
wendy7

Post by wendy7 »

Hello All,

I do think that there has definitely been a collective loss of posts and thoughts and mostly extensive personal thoughts and advice and support, that has been given throughout the years to others in pain. The forum was collectively due to the amazing people that ran the forum everyday. I have a strong belief that this forum will run smoothly and has the administrators and volunteers that actually made pudendal.info, what it was. Now, it is time to hopefully make new memories and new advice and new relationships, as well as keeping our old relationships and knowledge on this forum. I wish the best to all who run pudendalhope.org and the spectacular amount of time that everyone has put in, in order to make this happen.

Take care,
Wendy
Unlilateral Surgery 9/27/07 - Dr. Conway
Redo Unlilateral Surgery 10/15/10 - With Dr. Hibner AND Dr. Conway
Results - Fantastic!
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

Hi Wendy !!!!

What a surprice to see you (back) here ..
Yes you are right ...we lost allot of wonderfull posts and history ...but the one thing we didn't lose is the friendship .. The friendship so needed to make any forum a success ...
Popin as much as you can...

Tell us how you are ...

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Wendy! Hello, friend!

I noticed your signature and that you say your re-do was by Hibner AND Conway. Can you share more about that? I love that your results are so good and I hope you will talk more about that. There are several new members on both forums who feel that there are no good reports and that there is no hope.

I hope you are having a lovely day today!
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wendy, my dear friend -- there aren't very many people who have given more to the PNE community than you....... :P
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Is there any way we can contact this Richard and beg him to bring the old site back up, not for posting purposes, but just so we can research histories of posts?

That site was how I made most of my care decisions in the last few years, and even though we try to post similar things, we will not remember to post everything here that we posted there.

Does anyone know his email address? We could all write him. I think that was pretty selfish to shut the entire site down just because he got his feelings hurt for being left out. Hundreds of people will suffer because of his trying to make a "point" by shutting it down. Not nice.

Thanks everyone for the new site.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

PG, I think it's fruitless. However, Tipna went through something similar and rebounded, and so will this site. Think about it...it's composed of the same people who still have the same knowledge. Any internet links we shared are still out there, any materials our physicians gave us that we still have can be posted here, and our histories are the same. So we have to put them back out there. In many ways it's worth it because it will cause people to be concise.

In time what Richard owns won't be worth anything. Any effort spent now will be worth it, because nobody is ever going to shut the site down again.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

pianogal

Post by pianogal »

wow, richard posted on pudendal.info the link with info to this site. incredible. glad people can find the answers they need still. that was good of him.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

pianogal wrote:wow, richard posted on pudendal.info the link with info to this site. incredible. glad people can find the answers they need still. that was good of him.
Not as good as you might think. Apparently only some people can still view the board. I logged in and then it locked me out, saying the board was unavailable.

KRISG

Post by KRISG »

HI all,

It was not Richards work you know but ours . :lol:
We still could alter some pages as Richard forgot to lock us out there too.
Thats all...

But it is better then nothing ...now some people know where to find us ...even if it is for a few days maybe..

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”