Surgery with Dr. Dellon three weeks ago

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
April

Re: Surgery with Dr. Dellon three weeks ago

Post by April »

Hi Erin,

It's wonderful to hear that you've had some low-pain days (and low enough to have sex!). I think that is a good sign, and I think (from what I've read on here) the recovery period after surgery does have ups and downs. So, I wouldn't be concerned about the uptick in pain. I'm so sorry to hear about your dark days. I think many of us have had glimpses of that. This problem definitely exhausts me and takes an emotional toll on me every day. Thank you so much for the update, and keep us posted.

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Erin,

It's a really good sign that you had a long stretch of better days. I had many ups and downs after surgery and slowly the good days occurred more and more often but it was a very slow process. I experienced some flare-ups during the 3rd and 4th months as the nerve was waking up. During my darkest PNE days I did not want to live so I understand the feelings you are describing. It was like being in a prison of pain. But the desire to be there for my family is what kept me going -- even though I was not a perfect mom or wife during that time. My family would have been devastated if I had given up so I forced myself to keep going for them. In the end, it paid off as I slowly got better and was able to start enjoying life again. It sounds like your perseverance is starting to pay off too, Erin. Just try to be careful and not overdo things but if you do have a set-back, try to take it a little easier and use whatever pain relief measures you can to bring your pain levels back down.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
saint

Post by saint »

Can I ask how you're doing now?

Return to “SURGERY”