New member, no doctors in Charlotte?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: New member, no doctors in Charlotte?

Post by Violet M »

I don't know if buprenorphine makes you sleepy. It might affect each person differently so you might not know unless you try it. If what you are using works then it might be best to just stay with that. But if the opioids you are taking have stopped working that could be a sign that it's time to try something else. Here is an article abstract on opioid induced hyperalgesia. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21412369

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
frigator

Post by frigator »

Thanks for the replay April and Violet. Yes, the wife is moving ahead with leaving and its upset me which has caused my nerve to get upset. I would much rather deal with something like this healthy, not like I am now with no doctor to treat me.

I went to regular PT for 6 weeks and did the excercises for many weeks afterwards and it made everything worse. I am trying to get my pcp to refer me to a pelvic PT but running into problems that its the women's centers that have the pelvic PT. There is one good Pelvic PT on this site's list that does not take insurance, sees men, charges 160 per hour and 220 for intial evaluation. But she looks highly qualified.... Not cheap but if my pcp cant find one for me then maybe see her for intial evaluation so maybe she can give an idea for a doctor to treat me.

I cant do a sitz bath by squatting down in a tub(bad knees and hip) but I could buy one of those things that fit over or in the toilet? Do those work? Just put the water in and sit down?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I used plastic crates from Walmart with a shallow plastic storage bin on top to sit on in the tub so it did not involve any squatting. I described the set-up in the following thread: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =25&t=5267

The sitz baths that fit in the toilet would probably work too only you wouldn't be able to immerse yourself as much.

That's unfortunate that the PT doesn't take your insurance. I wonder if her office would be able to give you the names of any good pelvic PT's in your area who might take your insurance.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
frigator

Post by frigator »

Thanks for sharing the setup Violet. Looks like Walmart no longer carries that tub....can you give me a rough estimate of the size of the tub. I am trying to visualize this set up. So you got two tubs, one hot and one ice cold inside your bathtub....so your thighs rest on the edge of the shallow tub or is it low enough so its like you sit inside the tub and the cushion helps with any sitting pain?. I agree those toilet inserts looks very shallow and flimsy.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

So, let me post a more current link to the crates that are on the bottom.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Buddeez-Clas ... k/55041908

You set those crates in the bath tub and then put a shallow sterlite storage box on top filled with water - one hot and one cold, and you use a donut cushion to sit in the water.

The shallow box looks like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-28 ... e/15442447

You are not sitting down in the bottom of the bath tub. You are up high on the crates so it is easier. Hope that makes sense. LOL

Violet

`
frigator

Post by frigator »

Thanks for the links and explanations Violet. For now doing ok with just the hot towels and heating pad but will keep this setup in mind, esp if I ever have surgery.
April

Post by April »

Hi Robin,

Here's another tip: For me the water in a sitz bath had to be pretty hot to eliminate the pain, and our water doesn't usually get that hot. So I heated water in the microwave and poured it in the sitz bath. But then I also used our steamer in the bathroom to heat up replacement water, because the water seemed to quickly get too cool to have the full pain relief effect. So, if you have the same issue and you have a steamer, that might help you keep the water hot.

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That reminds me April, I always set the hot water crate next to the faucet so I could keep adding hot water because keeping it really hot worked the best.

violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”