Did labral tear surgery reduce your PN/pelvic/perineal pain?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Elmwood

Re: Did labral tear surgery reduce your PN/pelvic/perineal p

Post by Elmwood »

I did have some pelvic floor PT but this was before I knew about the hip so she mostly concentrated on other stuff. Its a consideration for the future though. Thanks for asking. Were you able to find some relief with PT?
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

yes I do get relief from PT but it is very temporary because the problem still remains that I have two hernias and a tear in my labrum. The first problem will be addressed on Tuesday when I have the hernias repaired. If the pain doesn't improve enough after that surgery then I'm going to have to consider having the labral tear repaired.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Good luck with your hernia surgery on Tuesday, Griff! I've got my fingers crossed that it will give you some relief from the pain you've been in. If not, well . . . it's good to know that there's always the scope option.

Hugs.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
donstore

Post by donstore »

Linda, I would like to add my best wishes for successfull results to your hernia surgery. I have more than a sympathetic interest as I am currently pursuing the possibility of an inguinal hernia as the cause of my own problems. After all you have been through, especially at the hands of Dr. Dellon, you are due for some relief. Good luck.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

Thanks for the well wishes Lernica and Don. I will do my best to keep you updated with my recovery progress.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Yes good luck. And as Im sure Lernica and Don will tell you, hip surgery is not all that bad and definitely worth pursuing.
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Good luck Griff in your hernia surgery!
I am a veteran of failed unnecessary surgery with Dr Dellon as well. In fact the fact the pain I have now ocurred a few months after that.

I have read alot about hernia being the cause of PN type pain on these boards and was almost convinced of it by someone online who wrote to me about it ..
I don't think my severe anal/rectal throbbing is caused by hernias but it is one road we haven't pursued..

Was it only the ultrasound that alerted you to your hernias or were there particular symptoms?
Best of luck to you for your surgery and relief!

Kathy
donstore

Post by donstore »

Hi Kathyd,
it is my understanding that any area that is inverated by the nerves running along the inguinal canal could be affected by an inguinal hernia. You might want to check my post here for my perspective on this topic.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 408#p34148

Don
Last edited by donstore on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

News flash: Lady Gaga cancels tour to have labral hip tear surgery: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/go ... 1035.story

This story is making the rounds in the hip surgery community, as you can imagine!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

Hey Lernica, when I heard yesterday that she was having hip surgery I wondered if it was a labral tear. Thanks for confirming it.

Kathy, I was doing some heavy weightlifting so that should be a clue to the all the freakin' doctors I saw but not one of them even mentioned the word. And yes the only time the hernias were seen was when the US was done and they looked for them.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”