Low Back pain

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Faith

Re: Low Back pain

Post by Faith »

Karyn wrote:Hi Faith,
I have NO sacrum pain at all anymore. :D What I do still have is vertical pain on either side of my sacrum that wraps around the top crest of my hips. Before surgery, it felt like barbed razor wire. It's not quite as intense anymore but still very painful. I have no idea what's causing this pain. Any guesses? My hips do not hurt, and it's definitely not muscle - it's not tender in the least when I press on the area. It's something deep and no where near the surface of the skin.
Yes, I can lie flat on my back now, although it's still not my position of choice. I've just never been a back person. But it is absolutely doable!
Are you sure it's not SI joint pain since it is vertical on either side of your sacrum? It's most likely the glueteus minimus if it's around your iliac crest. It is not uncommon to have pain in that area if you have SI joint pain.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Karyn

Re: Low Back pain

Post by Karyn »

Oh, boy - I made a mistake .... it's not verticle pain; it's horizontal. Sorry about that! The pain doesn't go into my buttocks at all.
helenlegs 11 wrote:Karyn, I wonder if it could be enthesitis or probably gross enthesitis.
Thank you, Helen. I've never heard of this before. I'll have to look it up and see if it matches my symptoms.
helenlegs 11 wrote:I know it's a bad idea to rub or massage directly on that area, tried it, don't do it !
I know I don't have this symptom. I'm constantly trying to rub it in an effort to soothe, but as I mentioned previously, it's too deep for me to get at.
But thanks very much for the suggestions, Faith and Helen!
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”