Surgery with Shobeiri

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
paulette

Re: Surgery with Shobeiri

Post by paulette »

Has anybody had surgery from Dr. Shobeiri, and what were your results? i sent him all my records, including a CD of the 3T MRI. His nurse called today to say he does not think i have PNE. I asked her what he thought I had. She said he didn't say.

And what about Dr. Antolak? I haven't heard much about him lately. Have patients been satisfied with his results? Thanks for the info.
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

Paulette,

There are some Antolak patients on the facebook group called Pudendal Neuralgia Support.
This is also the blog of an Antolak patient:
http://vulvodyniasucks.blogspot.com/

I'm a Shobeiri patient, but not at all considering surgery, so I just simply can't help much with the surgery questions. I do know that he is a very conservative surgeon, and seems to only treat local women. KMC here on the forums had surgery with him. I know he's operated on 3-4 other women.

Sorry I can't be of more help as the resident Okie on the boards.

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

pomegranate wrote:Sorry I can't be of more help as the resident Okie on the boards. Lauren
If all Okies are like you, then I want to go there! :D (I confess I enjoy the heck of out Pioneer Woman, too.)
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Paulette,
Did you happen to see my pre-surgical appointment thread?
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=17&t=815
I'm very jealous that they let you know up front that he doesn't consider you a surgical candidate, instead of making you travel 1500 miles to tell you. :D
Did you send them an actual copy of your MRI CD? I'll be making my 3rd phone call today, to see if they've mailed mine back yet. When I called last week to inquire, the response was, "We'll look for it and IF we find it, we'll mail it back to you".
Best wishes with finding someone to help you!
Warmest regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

Celeste wrote:
pomegranate wrote:Sorry I can't be of more help as the resident Okie on the boards. Lauren
If all Okies are like you, then I want to go there! :D (I confess I enjoy the heck of out Pioneer Woman, too.)
Thanks Celeste! :D

I've read the Pioneer Woman's blog for years--back when it was separate blogs even! Come on down and visit, the weather's nice most of the time---but not now. SNOWKLAHOMA here! It's bizarre for us.

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
paulette

Post by paulette »

Karyn,
I'm sorry for taking so long to write. I have been following a SI joint website on facebook, as I am not sure what I really have. Yes, it is good that they let me know up front that they can't, or won't help me. She said he doesn't know what I have, but he doesn't think it is PN. Yes, i sent him CD's of the MRI and CT scan and all my records. That is rotten that you had to travel so far and then get sent home.
paulette

Post by paulette »

Pomegranite,
I clicked on the website you gave me to find some of Antolak's patients, and all I could find to read was a lot of complaining, sometimes with terrible language. If I go to see Antolak, I will not let him do a block. I would just go for an assessment. Shobeiri doesn't even think I have PN. I would like to know if Antolak agrees. All I know is my rt. saddle area has been numb for two years, and it hurts to sit.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

So Paulette, did Dr. Shobieri give any indication of what he thinks might be going on with you?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Paulette and Karyn,
What is Dr. Abbas Shoeberi's Protocol criteria for dignosing PNE.Could you ladies shed some light on it?

Kind Regards,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Ali,
I really can't say for sure what his criteria is. He never really got into that with me. He's definitely a "muscle guy", as he wanted me to undergo Botox therapy.
He didn't review my records and wasn't prepared for the office visit at all. He did an internal vaginal and rectal exam, apologizing the whole time for hurting me, yet wrote in my records that I had "normal" responses to his pressing and probing. I dunno .... :?:
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “SURGERY”