PN Surgery at Bristol halted due to funding.

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
janemail

Re: PN Surgery at Bristol halted due to funding.

Post by janemail »

I am trying to get to France to have have the surgery done. Do you know how I go about it. I live in Canada so it is far to go but I have been suffering for 3 years and really want to do something about it. I have jumped through all the hoops ...pain block etc., with relief only for a few days. I am on various meds., also with little relief. If you have any knowledge about traveling overseas to get the surgery, I would love to know. It is so sad that we all have suffer so much. thank you
J
helenlegs 11

Re: PN Surgery at Bristol halted due to funding.

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Jane,
I'm not sure of the absolute necessity for you to travel to France but you obviously are more aware of what is on offer around you than I am. I know that there are contact details on the home pages above but I was given these details from a lovely lady who has just come back from Nantes.

roger.roberts@chu-nantes.fr

his secretary below(though she begrudgingly speaks English!)

jany.thiodet@chu-nantes.fr

and Dr Riants (pain consultant - excellent english)

riant.thibault@catherinedesienne.fr
This is only for Nantes of course and there are other options in France and also in Europe.
I may just have reproduced what is on the home pages (should check, shouldn't I :) )
I know the cost is very much less for the actual (excellent) assessments, treatments and surgery in Nantes but of course you have to factor in getting there, somewhere to stay and getting back again.
Hope this helps, let us know what you decide.
take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”