Wise Anderson protocol

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
kathyd

Re: Wise Anderson protocol

Post by kathyd »

Hi Gigas
Thanks for posting this wealth of info on hidden hernias. Thanks for the links..as well. I will ask my husband to peruse them as I thus far have not been able to access anything specific for surgeons in my area.. and with my high pain levels am just not as computer savvy..at the moment.
Can I ask how you finally find the "right" surgeon and in what part of the country?
I live near NYC in NJ. I noticed one of the 'wrong guys was at Columbia here in my area...Did you happen upon the the right ones in the NY metro or mid-adlantic area?
I know of a surgeon who did gall bladder surgery for me 3 years ago. This same doc apparently found a hernia (i think) to be tbe cause of chronic pain in an acquaintance of my brother's, and she is well now. I think it took a couple of surgeries.
He suggested awhile back that I contact this surgeon. He is a general surgeon.. so i am wary that he might not look hard enough or in the wrong manner as you talked about.
Anyhow just wondering how I could narrow down the search and make sure the surgeon is right is and the test are "standing up" etc. so I get the right answer..
Thanks for the info and for reminding us to be very careful before concluding that we have PN/Pne or related illnesses.
we must be careful!!
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Hi
On the subject of I ingueial hernias! My surgeon after m.r.i told me I had a perennial hernia !i thought wow this coUld be the end of eight or nine years of pain! Sadly not after two horrendous suguries, I was no better of, if anything due to adhesions and long recoverys, my feelings are ! P.n.e is a problem that stands entirely on it's own! Yes wouldn't it be great that for us girls, that a roughe hernia was the answer to the pain! Sorry, how does it go( barking up wrong tree) sorry this is is my own opinion! Trust me p.n.e is a lot more complex!!
Anne smith
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
Alan1646

Re: NorthernSpy returns and tells his story

Post by Alan1646 »

donstore wrote:
Hernias are the pain that gets worse from sitting.
I'm very interested in this debate. One question: if the pain is caused by a hernia, why is sitting on a toilet seat painfree? Is it because pressure on the perineum presses the hernia? Clearly, it's not the sitting position of the body itself that causes pain.
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Alan,
You have probably already read this thread http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =48&t=4775 but it is very current and topical with regard to the question you pose here. I don't think this actual question has been answered but the topic is very pertinent and Don, Linda and others who have taken an interest in why and how with hernias may be able to answer.
HM's last post (today) did say something about an overlapping of the pudendal nerve in the inguinal canal which may be the answer but I don't know enough about this to say any more on the subject.
So we now know that labral hip tears and hernias can influence the whole pelvic nerve pain problem which wasn't something talked about much until about a year ago. The value of forums like this is really immense.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Selbourne I have flagged the post you made above to bring it to the attention of the mods with the following complaint:
"Now Selbourne has linked to the personal FB page of an individual (Charles) who chooses to post under an alias. I ask that this and all other personal references made about "Charlie" and Charles / "Northernspy" etc be removed. He has made many such references on another recent thread you are aware of, although on that thread it is obvious that the people in question were not involved in the discussion in any way, and were probably unaware they were being discussed."
If you are not on this board to help people find and treat the root cause of their pain, please go away, or else post your own story and experiences as a patient. This is a patient self advocacy site and you are trolling.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
mod3

Post by mod3 »

Thanks, HM. The post was removed and Selbourne has been banned permanently.

Mod 3
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Thank YOU. Your job has not been easy recently.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”