New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ritak

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by ritak »

Hey MNMOM, I sympathize with your story. It has to be so hard to deal with this and raise kids.I saw Dr Antolak last week for Pudendal Neuralgia. My gut feeling was to think about his recomendations for injections.I will follow his self care program as best I can.I have been to see many many Dr.s and Pt.s and bodyworkers.I have an unstable spine and pelvis and a bad foot which I think is th ecause of some of what I have. My pain started 10 months ago.Now I am almost pain free for most days. I take Nuerontin and at night Vicoden. Some days when I work the pain is worse as I am a Dental Assisitant and have to sit and lean during the 2 days I work. Dr Antolak recomended the injections but I am going to hold off on them. I did nor get good vibes from the clinic or him, not sure why.There is a PT person in Woodbury at Metro Urology that has a very good reputation and she works just with the pelvic floor. I wish you all the luck in finding what is going to work for you.Dont give up :D
Rita
perineal pain started may 2011
continue to take Tramadol daily, Vicodin as needed
Dr Antolak diagnosed PN in Jan 2012, not sure about his diagnosis
recomendations he gave me were injections....which I decided not to do
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
MNMom

Post by MNMom »

Rita,
I am curious who referred you to Dr Antolak? I was referred by another physician in the same clinic.
I hope the self care plan works for you, unfortunately I think I'm beyond that.
MNMom
ritak

Post by ritak »

Hey MNMOM, I went to see Dr. Antolak on my own. I had heard that he diagnosis PN so I at least wanted that accomplished. I had diagnosed it myself last summer but the Dr.s I were seeing at the time knew little about it. I now have an appointment with Dr Siegl at Metro Urology who I think also works with this.We are sort of left to put in a lot of our own time to study up on things and do a some doctoring on our own.I wish you luck with all that you do.
Rita
currently seeing Dr Chad Beiler for chiropractic treatment. all of my many practitioners have diagnosed me with pelvic instability, a rotated right leg and pelvis,femoralacetabular impingement left hip,muscle spasm in obturatur internus muscle
about 70% better
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Hi Rita,

Please let us know your experience with the physical therapist in Woodbury. I have been considering whether to start with her myself.

Thanks and always, best wishes for you.

JIm
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Rita,

I am a dentist and noticed from your posting that you are a dental assistant.

I have found that the avoidance of sitting is very important. Of course I have to sit to do dentistry as I need a stable base to steady my hands, but once done, I don't sit down at work at all. I got a pad and I kneel at a desk and write notes, prescriptions, etc. Both dental assistants that work in the office do not sit while assisting - they stand throughout the procedure. I would think this would be hard on the back, but they prefer to stand rather than sit. Only on longer operative procedures do they sit. Is this something you could consider? Some of us with PN have trouble with standing too, (I did for awhile), but sitting has always been a problem for me. If standing does not cause you pain, perhaps it is worth a try?

Jim
ritak

Post by ritak »

Hey Jim, Thanks for noticing my post. I have done dental assisting for 30 years now.It is a tough job on the body. All of us in the office have some condition that is related to the job we do in the office. I have stood off and on throughout my day for years not due to this condition but because I could see better. You dang dentists dont give us assistants much too see, hahaha.I have to be careful just how much I stand due to neck and upper back issues then and a bad foot I have. I am now going to be checking into a divided saddle seat. Salli is one company I have found that makes a good one. They are not cheap but I am hopeful that trying one out may help me at my job.I am going to be speaking to our local reps to. I will let you know what I find out about them if you want the feedback.
Rita
Last edited by ritak on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
about 70% better
ritak

Post by ritak »

Also Jim, I have to see a Dr. at Metro Urology before I can see Beth Hoppe. I will be seeing Dr Siegl. There is another Dr within Metro Urology that works within the area of pelvic pain. Her name is Dr Sutherland. I believe she only works in Minneapolis.
Rita
about 70% better
MNMom

Post by MNMom »

Rita/Jim,
I had called Beth to see if she could recommend any other PTs in the area who can treat Pudendal Neuralgia patients
She game me these names

Edina -
Irene at MAPS
763 537 6000

Edina -
Marie Holecek
952 924 0199

Burnsville
Jill Lawrence
952 892 6777

Forest Lake
Tammy Casperwoods
651 464 8502

Hope this is helpful to you.
MNMom

Post by MNMom »

Another piece of info for Rita/Jim or anyone in the Minneapolis area -

CDI imaging in St Louis Park has the 3-T MRI. They also already have the information from Dr Potter on her imaging protocol for PNE. This made everything so much easier for me.
ritak

Post by ritak »

Thank you MNMON and Jim for all the info.Keep me informed of your progress and I will as well.
Rita
about 70% better

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”