Surgery with Shobeiri

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
paulette

Re: Surgery with Shobeiri

Post by paulette »

I wonder myself what his protocol is. His nurse called me and said, "Dr. Shobeiri" doesn't think you have PNE. He doesn't know what is going on with you, but he doesn't think it is PNE." That is why I want to see Antolak. At least his opinion will be based upon an examination. Shobeiri made his opinion without even seeing me.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

I don't know whether to call that screening, or a brush off?

I truly wonder if Dr. Shobeiri's preference is to treat only local patients. He can't be faulted for that, but if it's the case then we should note it on the forums. I think we may have only assumed he was getting the surgery training in order to treat travelers as well as local patients.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Celeste wrote:I truly wonder if Dr. Shobeiri's preference is to treat only local patients. He can't be faulted for that, but if it's the case then we should note it on the forums. I think we may have only assumed he was getting the surgery training in order to treat travelers as well as local patients.
And you know what they say about "assume-ing"! :lol: But yes, from personal experience, I completely agree, Celeste - it should be noted. My Dad, who really knows nothing about PN(E) or Dr. Shobeiri made a very similar comment on our way out of there. I did ask about their experience with dealing with out of town patients and was informed, "We routinely see and treat patients from all over the world" .... :?
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “SURGERY”