Possible PN and hoping for help!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Meliora

Re: Possible PN and hoping for help!

Post by Meliora »

Thanks Matt, I hope there are answers too. For us all actually!

Good luck with you SCS implant! I think there is so much reason to hope this will be a huge help for you!

That is wonderful that the man you talked with is doing so well, and has been able to live life to the fullest, despite PN. I admire his strength!

Let us know how your implant goes!
rea

Post by rea »

I hope it does not mean I am trapped higher up, as I am hoping to have the frontal/perineal approach done (less healing time than TG.)
I was wondering about the "frontal/perineal approach" you mentioned? First I have heard about this...but then again the way my brain works now a days I could have read it and forgot about it. Is this what Hibner does if only believe "entrapment" is in perineal branch? Also, you mentioned your MRI 3 Tesla..I didn't have to have one done for Hibner in Arizona because I had one in Texas and when I called to make sure about appointment before booking flight, Patricia (I think) told me my insurance might not approve another one so soon so they would have their Dr. look at it. Did they have their Dr. review yours?
Your pain management sounds so much better that what I have experienced. One of the doctors I had there last month told me he knew nothing about the pudendal nerve and that he didn't have time to read about it...here's your medicine and there's the door.
I hope you are getting relief.
Symptoms began 6/27/12. Diagnosed with Vulvodynia.Estrace and Lidocane with no relief.
Uretha enlarged Aug. 2012. MRI of Lumbar in Sept. 2012.Normal. Did MRI 3 Tesla of ischial spine to Sacro Spin- Normal. Houston-Nerve Block 10-31-12 & MRI (MRN) entrapment of perineal branch, more on right side. Dr. Hibner- block of perineal branches and sclerozation w/relief over 1 month. SIJD/Piriformis Syndrome Left Side. Gabapentin 2400 mg.
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

Hi Rea! Yes, the frontal approach is for a perineal entrapment. There is no cutting into the butt cheek (not to my knowledge anyhow.) The healing time is also quicker. It will not help an entrapment that is caused from ligaments. I do not remember Hibner looking at my MRI. Patricia did not think I needed another one, since I had one done within the year (3 Tesla - Potter protocol done locally.) However, we did discuss the findings of varices on the MRI and that I had been treated for them. Other than that, there was not much mentioned. I tend to think that what Loretta finds on exam plays a large part on the treatment plan.

As far as pain management, I have gone to three different ones locally and then Hibner did blocks as well. All three knew of PN, some more than others. I have had two lumbar sympathetic blocks, one pudendal, one ganglion impar and bilateral perineal blocks. I had the most relief from the pudendal block and some (short term) from the perineal as well. I would not want anyone doing a block for me that had to read about PN, no way! I suggest finding someone else. Yikes!

I have another upcoming appt. with PM and a urogyn soon. I want to find out about neuromodulation (PM) and sacral modulation (urogyn that supposedly knows about PN pain.) Although, I am not thinking that gets me out of surgery, which is something that is looking like it will happen. No relief thus far, still working on it! Hope you find answers soon as well Rea!
rea

Post by rea »

I"m trying to rule out things also. Asked my GP to order an ultasound to check for hernias. She said i had no bulges, no symptoms so no need for test. Oh well...
Symptoms began 6/27/12. Diagnosed with Vulvodynia.Estrace and Lidocane with no relief.
Uretha enlarged Aug. 2012. MRI of Lumbar in Sept. 2012.Normal. Did MRI 3 Tesla of ischial spine to Sacro Spin- Normal. Houston-Nerve Block 10-31-12 & MRI (MRN) entrapment of perineal branch, more on right side. Dr. Hibner- block of perineal branches and sclerozation w/relief over 1 month. SIJD/Piriformis Syndrome Left Side. Gabapentin 2400 mg.
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

I had an ultrasound for hernia last week, came up dry for me. I would definitely still check into it though. PN is such a mystery issue sometimes. UGH!

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”