My experience and update with Dr. Marvel

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
rc3432

Re: My experience and update with Dr. Marvel

Post by rc3432 »

Hope,

I'm curious to hear your progress with Dr. Gordon. I am in the Baltimore area so I have seen many of the same doctors. I think most all are well-intentioned, but none of them have a very good bedside manner which is difficult when you are dealing with PN.

I personally had a bad experience with Dr. Gordon. I would describe him as a "throwback" in that he doesn't use much technology and doesn't seem up to date on the latest research. He seems to take more of an experimental approach with his nerve blocks. He told me he has to try it a few times until we hit the right spot. He also bad-mouthed other doctors which I felt was inappropriate. I didn't feel comfortable with that approach and have not seem him since.

Dr. Marvel doesn't have the best bedside manner either, but I've found him to be well-informed. He's very logical and matter-of-fact, so if you are prepared for that he can be very helpful.

Dr. Dellon is well-informed too, but is just very strange.

Dr. Howard Richard was very compassionate when I saw him, although I don't think PN or pelvic pain is his only area of interest.

RC

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”