Suggestions Please......!!!

Up and coming news about new ideas, new forums, and other suggestions that we plan to implement in the near future
Karyn

Re: Suggestions Please......!!!

Post by Karyn »

Thanks for the tips, Celeste! From what I understand, you can be selective about who you "friend". Is this correct? But, OMG! What if I hurt someone's feelings by not "friending" them? :?
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

The best part is when you know somebody un-friended you because your total of number of friends goes down, but Facebook won't tell you who un-friended you, so you have to look at your list and see if you can figure out who you ticked off, through process of elimination.
Yes Karyn not only can you be selective about who you "friend", you can also tweak your privacy settings to make your presence on facebook entirely invisible to stalker-types who you want to avoid (it's called "blocking" them)...so that's how you avoid hurting the feelings of people you want to keep out of your personal business. If you are not avoiding somebody but just forget to "friend" them, they won't get hurt feelings (unless they are kind of off-balance already), they will just friend-request you, instead of the other way around.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Hurt feelings will happen on Facebook and sometimes it'll be your own. But it's super cool to find friends from your old neighborhood, etc. Like HM said, you can set your privacy controls so you're not easy to find, and you can pre-emptively block the names of people you don't want seeing your Facebook activity (such as comments on a common friend's page). I don't care for any of the Facebook games (Farmville, Scrabble, etc.) but some live for it. Mostly I like to see peoples pictures and links, and see what's on peoples minds.

JOIN US. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org

Return to “NEWS & UPDATES”