Where does everybody go?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Testudo

Where does everybody go?

Post by Testudo »

I see many posts in the past with no recent updates on how they are doing or what is going on. I see people have persevered for years. I don’t think I will be able to afford or get the surgery. Do people stop coming because of despair? I hope suicide is not the final solution. My faith says suicide condemns me to hell. Violet?
Violet M

Re: Where does everybody go?

Post by Violet M »

Some people get well and move on. Some people struggle for years. There are no easy answers and each person copes differently. I always tell people to please not consider suicide because typically they haven't tried all of their options for getting well. You owe it to yourself to at least try the available treatment options. And often there are new remedies coming available thanks to the doctors who are trying to treat us.

I'm not sure where you live but I think typically the European doctors are more affordable for surgery than in the US. But if possible, there are probably other things you would want to try before surgery because surgery isn't without risks.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Testudo

Post by Testudo »

Violet, I’m in Delaware. So far Dr. Conway who accepts insurance seems to be my best option at this point along with a listed PT an hour from me. I am not really in that much “pain”, unless burning counts?
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

I haven't been on in a few years mostly because I got well enough to work, and my job has been taking all of my time. My pudendal pain is probably from tight muscles but I never got a definite answer. My regimen consists of taking a small dose of methadone a few times per day, sitting in a certain chair whenever I sit (aeron), and sleeping with the Comfort-U pillow whenever I'm in bed. That's it. I work about 60-70 hours a week now.
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”