Vulvar and pelvic pain, Piriformis Syndrome

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Fabiana Siusa

Vulvar and pelvic pain, Piriformis Syndrome

Post by Fabiana Siusa »

My health problem has been going on since 2017 and I currently have pain in my vagina, pelvic pain and sciatica in my left leg. I feel pain during and after sex, I can't run, etc. I did the Nerve Blocking Pudia, but the relief was fleeting.
Does anyone feel the same?
Does anyone know any help in Portugal?
Tomytom

Re: Vulvar and pelvic pain, Piriformis Syndrome

Post by Tomytom »

Hi Fabiana, I am also someone who had gone through this situation. All the points mentioned by you are the symptoms of pelvic pain .Before things get worse, it is better to consult a doctor. I got rid of pain after consulting experienced physiotherapist.
stephanies

Re: Vulvar and pelvic pain, Piriformis Syndrome

Post by stephanies »

Fabiana,

If you have both leg pain and pelvic pain, I suggest asking for an MRI of the lumbar spine and sacrum/tailbone. The sciatic nerve and the pudendal nerve share some nerve roots and there might be something there that is causing both. I hope you are able to figure things out.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”