Found sitting solution with pillows

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Kit

Found sitting solution with pillows

Post by Kit »

Hi everyone. I have not been on this forum for about 10 years

My solution to sitting with pudendal nerve pain is to use 2 pillows.

The specific pillow is mandatory. I bought my pillows at Walmart. They are 15 inches square. The pillows are 5 inches deep at the center. And are shaped like a cone.The pillows are very firm.

I have pudendal nerve pain on the right side only.

One pillow is centered in my left butt. The edge of the second pillow is from my left hip to 2 inches left of my right hip.

The net result is that my pudendal area is completely in the air, and floating.

Please feel free to ask me questions. I cannot guarantee fast response, but I will get back to you.
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
Kit

Re: Found sitting solution with pillows

Post by Kit »

I have additional information about pillow positioning.

The pillow on the side opposite the pudendal pain must be positioned exactly in the center of your butt. You must make sure that the pillow does not touch the pudendal pain area.
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
Kit

Post by Kit »

This is a start over for my solution to being able to sit using 2 pillows. This applies only to those forum members that have 1 sided pudendal pain.

With tnis xolution, it is mandatory that your feet are off the floor.

The solution is simple. One pillow has one edge on your butt crack, and the goes under the leg on the side opposite you pudendal pain. The other pillow is under the leg of your pudendal pain, right below the bottom edge of the pain.

The specific pillow is mandatory. I bought my pillows at Walmart. They are 15 inches square. They shaped like a cone. They are 5 inches deep at the center.And they are very firm. Mine are silver.

I have been using this pillow setup for 2 months. I have ridden in our dodge grand caravan for 300 miles and 5 hours. I sit
in mt recliner everyday for an unlimited time. I can sit at our table to eat meals.

This solution has changed my life.

I notices that a lot of members have viewed my entyr, but no replies.This tells me that you already have a solution, or that you are not believing the solution will work.

It works. Try it, if you have 1 sided pain. Do not by pass this. Give it a try.

PLEASE GIVE THIS A TRY.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Can you post a picture of these pillows

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”