My super positive experience with Dr Michael Durtnall

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Gala90

My super positive experience with Dr Michael Durtnall

Post by Gala90 »

Hi Everyone

I have been following this website and forum for a while now, and have been meaning to post about my experience with Pudendal Neuralgia and Dr Michael Durtnall.
Every time I started writing I realized I was writing way too much, and getting quite emotional, so I never actually posted until now.
I also want to say that my treatment is still ongoing since I was quite a severe case.
However, I have noticed such big improvements since seeing Dr Michael that I do want to share a bit of my story.

My pelvic pain started about 10 years ago, but really, I have had chronic constipation and posture and coccyx issues since I was very young.
When I became an adult and tried becoming sexually active, I started experiencing severe vestibular and urethral burning, bladder and rectal spasms, pain with sitting and a few other very uncomfortable symptoms in the area.

I dedicated the next years searching for a treatment for the (mentally and physically) excruciating symptoms I was experiencing.
In total I have been to, not exaggerating, over 100 doctors, in 4 different countries all over the world.

I had tried everything from PT, TENS, botox, valium suppositories, nerve blocks, PRP, bladder instillations, countless medication (anti-yeast medication, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medication, steroids, anesthetics, hormone treatments, bladder medication etc) and, if anything, I was feeling worse and my symptoms were multiplying.

When I found Dr Michael, and started working with him, my BMI was very low, I had mental health issues and in between sessions with him, even though I tried my best to maintain the progress, I struggled.
So, in the beginning, the progress was way slower than with most of his other patients, but after a while it started picking up more.
Once he got me to a place where I was able to maintain my progress with dilators in between sessions, I started seeing such huge improvements that in 2 and a half months I was able to have pain free intercourse!

Life, and the pandemic, then happened and I lost some of my progress.
However, never did I get back nowhere near where I was in the beginning!
For example, even on my « worst » days I could still dilate with a number 6 dilator from a 8 dilator set, whereas in the beginning I could barely get a q tip in!

However, more recently, I have been in a better place and have resumed my treatments with him, and, as expected, I am feeling so much better again.

And this is me being a very, very severe case, and my body usually not working in my favor at all.
Most of his patients recover much, much more quickly, in literally just a few sessions!

I know on this forum a lot of people have posted about how amazing he is, and I wish more people who struggled with these symptoms had a way of finding about him sooner.
Like, as soon as someone started experiencing these symptoms, they should immediately be referred to Dr Michael for treatment!
I really wish I had found him sooner, before wasting so much time, money and energy on other treatments.

I really, really hope this post will encourage at least a few people to see him and try his treatments because everyone deserves to live a normal, pain free life!
So if you were thinking about it, but were not sure, this is your sign!

I wish everyone on here good health and relief from their pain ❤️

Return to “UK & IRELAND”