Review

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Valerie

Review

Post by Valerie »

I have been suffering from the symptoms described below for almost 4 years. Then I found Dr. Michael Durtnall who diagnozed muscle problems and neuralgia. We are working now on my condition to get better. In 3 month of treatment I feel already about 50% better. Of course it is always up and down, but I already can sleep and sit on the chair for longer time. Dr. Michael is very attentive and very helpful!

Symptoms mentioned above:
Strong pelvic pain for already 3 years.
1st type of pain: Pain starts from vaginal opening area and stretches to symphysis through the left side like stretched string. This “string” hurts aching and pulling like a shortened muscle. It hurts especially strong in a certain body positions when this muscle/ ligament is stretched, but most of all when the bladder is filled – it feels like bladder lays on short and inelastic “string” and tears it, causing pain. Also it is painful to press on groin area, like all that area is swelling and is uncomfortable, sometimes even painful to wear tight clothes, but not all the time. In the area of the bladder tere is a feeling of pushing, as if I am about to give birth. Even small bladder filling gives urge to visit the toilet otherwise “string” starts to hurt unbearable. It feels like bladder itself does not hurt, but it is muscle/ligament that bladder lies on hurts like strings. This pain is smaller when I am lying on my stomach and much stronger when I am lying on my back or standing. This type of pain is already 3 years.

2nd type of pain: At the top left side of the vaginal opening muscles are like stones and feels like thickening or lumpiness in the muscle. Exactly that place causes strongest pain and does not allow to sit on the chair and even to walk without a pain. That trigger point hurts after urinating and defecating and gradually intensifies until the muscle feels like a stone and this causes strong burning and stabbing vaginal pain (only on the left side) that does not allow to move, and I can only lie on the bed and scream from pain. It is also not possible to massage those trigger points after any touch, a gradual contracting pain begins and the muscle tightens even more. After defecation process, burning pain in anus appears and spreads to vagina’s left side and gradually spreads along aching “string” to the symphysis. A strong feeling of swelling appears. Sometimes spasm arise after washing genital area and is locating again at the left side. This type of pain lasts ~ 1 year.
Overall I am feeling persistent inflammation, swelling, aching and pulling pain like some “strings” from vaginal opening area to the symphysis are torn. Pain also has tendency to migrate. Some day the pain locates at the vaginal opening area, some days at the symphysis area.
Valerie

Re: Review

Post by Valerie »

I decided to write an update as I am happy to say that my condition improved to ~70% better from initial one.
I almost got rid of pain when I am sitting, my movements are much better with better amplitude, no pain at night. "String" muscle I described in my first review is much softer. Ido not feel a constant aching pain. I feel it but not all the time like it was when I had no treatment. I got rid of burning pain. I am able to walk long distances and to sleep well.
Of course I am far from perfect condition, but I am on my way to it, and I know that problem will not leave me fast, it will go gradually, so I am continuing to work with Michael and Beatrice and I am slowly getting much better.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”