Flare from Stretching

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Dave

Flare from Stretching

Post by Dave »

Having a big flare up and suspect it came from excessive stretching. Has anyone ever experienced that before?
Violet M

Re: Flare from Stretching

Post by Violet M »

Yes, stretching used to aggravate my symptoms.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
branzam99

Post by branzam99 »

Same here. Some stretching is good, because it helps with tight pelvic floor muscles (a common cause of PN). But certain stretches do seem to aggravate symptoms ... for me anyway. I use to do the "happy baby" yoga pose, which is great for pelvic floor. But that's one that seems to cause pain for me. So I work around it.
DakotaGirl

Post by DakotaGirl »

Can you please tell me how you are doing or if you’re the same or worse. Anything you found out?
DakotaGirl

Post by DakotaGirl »

branzam99 wrote:Same here. Some stretching is good, because it helps with tight pelvic floor muscles (a common cause of PN). But certain stretches do seem to aggravate symptoms ... for me anyway. I use to do the "happy baby" yoga pose, which is great for pelvic floor. But that's one that seems to cause pain for me. So I work around it.

I meant to reply to you. Please let me know of it is the rectal area or how you are doing. Any progress? Treatments that helped? Thank you in advance.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”