Botox results

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
mike0723

Botox results

Post by mike0723 »

I've had PN for around 10 years, and have been to too many doctors to count. I'm setup to try Botox for the 1st time but I'm really not hearing a lot of positive results and studies seem to show about 30% success rate and have read a few post with info on bad side effects. Can anyone share their experience with botox? I'm set to receive 100 units and nervous about loss of control of bladder etc. Thanks for any feedback!!
jaxi123

Re: Botox results

Post by jaxi123 »

I’ve had a number of Botox procedures over the years and unfortunately, none of them help me
best of luck
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Mike,

That's a long time you've been dealing with this. I haven't had Botox myself but like you said -- results are mixed from what people have reported here. I never tried it because my gynecologist told me it was just a temporary fix. I'm wondering though, if someone has developed central sensitization from being in pain so long like you have, if having some temporary pain relief from Botox could help calm down the nervous system and provide more permanent pain relief. I don't know....just speculating. I guess there is always a risk/benefit analysis that you have to make when trying any treatment. Is your pain bad enough that you are willing to take the risk? That is always a very difficult question to answer. Wishing you all the best with your decision.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mike0723

Post by mike0723 »

jaxi123 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:21 am I’ve had a number of Botox procedures over the years and unfortunately, none of them help me
best of luck
Thanks so much for the reply, it really helps making a good decision. Definitely don't want to make it worse. Thanks!!
mike0723

Post by mike0723 »

Violet M wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:22 am Hi Mike,

That's a long time you've been dealing with this. I haven't had Botox myself but like you said -- results are mixed from what people have reported here. I never tried it because my gynecologist told me it was just a temporary fix. I'm wondering though, if someone has developed central sensitization from being in pain so long like you have, if having some temporary pain relief from Botox could help calm down the nervous system and provide more permanent pain relief. I don't know....just speculating. I guess there is always a risk/benefit analysis that you have to make when trying any treatment. Is your pain bad enough that you are willing to take the risk? That is always a very difficult question to answer. Wishing you all the best with your decision.

Violet
Thanks so much for the reply!! I think your correct on the central sensitization. Its definitely been life changing for me... no longer lifting anything even light yard work without increasing the pain and tiredness for several days. I am able to walk without increasing the pain too much so I need to count my blessing. I've been reading post on this site for many years and this is my 1st post. I feel so sorry for those that are in worse shape then me and am amazed how devasting this can be to their life. At this point I'm not sure it is worth taking the risk of botox causing me problems with going or not going to the bathroom properly. When that happens it makes it so much worse. Thanks again for all you do!!
mike0723

Post by mike0723 »

jaxi123 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:21 am I’ve had a number of Botox procedures over the years and unfortunately, none of them help me
best of luck
Can you tell me the side effect you experienced? Also, all of the urologist, neurologist. and pain doctors I've seen for 10 years all seem to stay away from any RF ablation. Have you tried that as well? I have family who have used this for back pain with a lot of success. Hope your doing well and thanks for your response.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

No side effects from Botox and I have no desire to try RF. Not heard from anybody that had good luck with that.
mike0723

Post by mike0723 »

jaxi123 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:09 pm No side effects from Botox and I have no desire to try RF. Not heard from anybody that had good luck with that.
That helps!! Thanks so much!!
mike0723

Post by mike0723 »

Just to follow up after November botox. I had no relief from the pudendal/perinium pain after receiving the injections. After multiple blocks, trigger point injections, PT not really sure there is anything other then surgery which could very well make it worse. All the nerve meds don't really work and if used long term would probably cause cognitive issue such as Dementia. All the pharmacies including Walmart, Publixs, CVS have been out of any type pain medications for the last couple months which is the only thing I've tried that provided relief. Has anyone tried Dr Hibner in Scottsdale and if so any good results?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Mike,

Finalcountdown recently posted results of surgery with Dr. Hibner. You can read it on page 2 and 3 of this thread. viewtopic.php?t=7804

There are many people who have had good results with Dr. HIbner who have come and gone from this forum. That's not to say his results are always perfect. I don't think you can say that about any surgeon.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”