Botox and pudendal / dorsal block

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
Balenul

Botox and pudendal / dorsal block

Post by Balenul »

I have Pgad and in Poland dr Hibner wants to perform botox in my pelvic floor and a pudendal nerve block with steriod , he said ussualy botox in pelvic floor is done with this block....i am also afraid of this block tbh since i don t want flares.I have pelvic problems for 2 years ( especialy urinary ones ) but after i stopped Zoloft in may in 3 weeks i also have Pgad....i feel better now but still Pgad is bothrering me.I think botox can help since i barelly urinate my muscles are so tight but i am afraid of pudendal block with steroid to not make my Pgad or urinary symptoms worse or even give me other problems.Is normal to have a pudendal block with steroids when you have botox in pelvic floor ? The side effects are frequent and long lasting ? Ps : i had a normal block in february 2023 with lidocaine only ( 3 hours of block , a diagnostic one that did zero for my urethral urinary symptoms ) and next days for 2 weeks i had a flare with my urinary symptoms ( no Pgad back then )...so if a diagnostic block gave me this i am really afraid or a steroid one....any comments and opinions are welcomed.I think i read somewhere on a Pgad group a patient also got Pgad after a pudendal block ( not sure if it was permanent )....

Hibner told me he would also want to do a dorsal block ( one of the pudendal branches , not sure if with steroid or not , but prolly steroid also ) for my Pgad but i am afraid of this block also.any feedback on this block also ? Whar problems can this give ?

Ps : i hope you will recover like you did after Ssri sttoping....pgad is not joke but 9 / 10 urinary symptoms non stop are also a hell .I hope we will all get better
Violet M

Re: Botox and pudendal / dorsal block

Post by Violet M »

I understand Dr. Hibner is recommending nerve blocks with the Botox but does that mean he would refuse to give you the Botox without the nerve blocks or do you have the choice of getting just Botox? It sounds like you are not comfortable getting nerve blocks so maybe it's best if you request just Botox if he will do it that way. It's not typical to have permanent problems after a nerve block but it happens once in a while.

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question about what is typical with Botox and nerve blocks being given together because I haven't had Botox, but hopefully someone else will you their experience.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Balenul

Post by Balenul »

Genital block i kinda want tbh even if i think Zoloft stopping played a part in my Pgad cause even if the problem is not there , the genital branch is responsible for sexual function...is like i try to stop the effect not cure the cause.i think you understand what i mean .
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, I know what you mean. I took lexapro, an SSRI, to dampen the symptoms of PGAD, even though I knew it wouldn't cure the cause - which was a nerve entrapment.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”