Medicare Reimbursement for PN Surgeries

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
jon

Medicare Reimbursement for PN Surgeries

Post by jon »

Hi,

Back in 2012 - 2014, when I was having repeated radical surgeries, insurance companies considered most PN surgeries were considered experimental and not covered.
I paid $15k out of pocket to have the perineal branch of my pudendal nerve cut. I can't do anything like that again.

But I'm looking at the potential of losing my private disability insurance and I HAVE TO do SOMETHING!

Unfortunately I now have Kaiser Senior Advantage Plus, which, I think, really limits who I can see. Anyone know Kaiser doctors who treat PN?

The bigger question is, what procedures now have Medicare reimbursement codes? Do any of the decompression surgeries now get reimbursed by ANY insurance company?

If I lose that private coverage, I can argue it's a Major Life Event, and Medicare will probably let me switch plans.

I already participated in the first DRG stimulator clinical trial. I've looked at clinicaltrials.gov and not found any Activity Recruiting trials I qualify for - yet.

I did fid a few codes here. Surely this can't be all...

https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-d ... Option=all
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”