Pudendal neuralgia or something else?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Post Reply
captaincrash83
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2025 4:58 am

Pudendal neuralgia or something else?

Post by captaincrash83 »

Hello,

I am male, 42 years old and work as a computer scientist, so I sit a lot and hope that I can possibly be helped here. For a few months now, I have had symptoms that may indicate pudendal neuralgia and am currently running from one doctor to the next to finally get a suitable diagnosis. To understand my whole medical history... I have been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, reflux and diaphragmatic hernia for many years. Furthermore, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder of illnesses, surgeries and anesthesia.

It all started a few years ago... After masturbating, I noticed that I was getting pain/pressure in the bladder area and was somehow cramped around the bottom. I hadn't thought anything of it and had blamed it on masturbation and just waited a few days. But it didn't get any better. Then I went to the urologist and only a slightly enlarged prostate was found. But then there were also digestive problems such as flatulence/constipation/diarrhea and blood when wiping. But why do these problems occur after masturbation?

I then went to the proctologist and he had diagnosed hemorrhoids and removed them. I had already had that a few years ago. After that, I was symptom-free for some time.

A few weeks ago, however, the complaints unfortunately started again directly after masturbation. This time, however, the pain is a lot stronger. It pulls/pushes, especially strongly when sitting, on the bladder and anus. It feels like there's a foreign body in my buttocks. It hurts left/right in the lower abdomen, lower back, rump, flanks, perineum, right thigh and penis, virtually the entire pelvic floor. And the pain wanders here and there. Then I went back to the urologist and he examined the bladder/prostate and sent me home with suspected CPPS, because everything else was fine. The proctologist had again found only slightly enlarged hemorrhoids.

Then 2 weeks ago on vacation in Croatia I became extremely nauseous after the barbecue and then had a severe diarrhea with nutrient deficiency and electrolyte treatment. The pain and cramps were then severe in the right lower abdomen. The ultrasound found nothing except a lot of air in the gastrointestinal tract and I was prescribed antibiotics on suspicion of appendicitis. However, the blood values and stool sample were all fine. It was probably due to the meat and all the beer, but could not be confirmed.

After the vacation I went to the orthopedist and I was X-rayed. Nothing was found, but it could be an inflammation in the sacrum/hip flexor, but again only on suspicion.

After the diarrhea, my bowel movements are fine again and in the near future I am currently testing other things such as small intestinal miscolonization, lactose, fructose and Co. I would also like to have an MRI and an appointment with the neurologist. I'm still waiting for appointments.

The funny thing is that these symptoms have always appeared directly after masturbation and have now remained and I think that my intestinal problems could also come strongly from my psyche / irritable bowel syndrome. Therefore, I haveh and came across the topic of pudendal neuralgia in connection with a lot of masturbation on Reddit.

Could the pudendal nerve be blocked, irritated or damaged by masturbating so much, since I masturbate almost every day?
Is there a connection between the nerve and intestinal complaints?
Which doctor is responsible for something like that?

I would be very happy to hear from you.
April
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Pudendal neuralgia or something else?

Post by April »

Hi Captaincrash,

I'm so sorry to hear about all these difficult symptoms. You mentioned some symptoms that sound different from pn, but some that could be pn. I do sometimes have an uptick in pain after a bowel movement, and I think that is because the rectal branch of the nerve is irritated. So I suppose your intestinal issues could be affecting the rectal branch. Have you reviewed the diagrams on the home page? They show you the path of the nerve, which can make it easier to see if your pain coincides with the path of the nerve (but, of course, pain travels so sometimes it goes other places). People usually (but not always) have a significant increase in pain when sitting, so that would be another sign. It sounds like you need to see a doctor knowledgeable about pn. You can see medical providers on this site who can help with diagnosis: https://www.pudendalhope.info/list-of-doctors-2/

Take care,
April
Post Reply

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”