Dorsal nerve

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
MsRivers

Dorsal nerve

Post by MsRivers »

How does one determine if the dorsal nerve is involved or the culprit vs. the pn nerve? Also I tried looking up Dr. Dellon's info in the list of doctors and it wasn't posted. Is there some reason it's not posted?

Thank you
Ms. Rivers
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.
GraceUnderFire

Re: Dorsal nerve

Post by GraceUnderFire »

My MRI from Dr. Potter showed the dorsal nerve was "encased" in scar tissue :( I am going to see Dr. Dellon on 4/26.
Woke screaming from ab hyst 6/08
Diagnosed w/PN, ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neuralgias 1/09
3 PN blocks w/Dr Quesada
Rt side TIR, ilioinguinal neurectomy & vestibulectomy 5/09 Dr Conway
Left side TIR 2/10 Dr Conway
Potter MRI 9/10 and consultation w/Loretta & Dr Hibner 12/10
Bilateral ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral release w/Dr. Hashemi Aug 2011 left & Sept rt
Bilateral TG surgery w/Dr. Conway will be in January 2012
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

Dear Graceunderfire,

Do you have clitoral pain? Who did you see for the MRI? I understand there are two places to go, one in NY and one in AZ. Is one better than the other?

Stephanie
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
GraceUnderFire

Post by GraceUnderFire »

I do have bouts with clitoral pain. I had my 3T MRI with Dr. Potter in New York. I believe the doctor in Arizona learned the protocol from Dr. Potter if I am not mistaken. Dr. Hibner in Arizona accepted my MRI and did not request I have one by the doctor there, that would lead me to believe they are both good choices. I went to NY before the doctor in Arizona learned the procedure, but also NYC is a day trip via train and Phoenix is on the other side of the country from me. I live outside Philadelphia, PA.

Grace
Woke screaming from ab hyst 6/08
Diagnosed w/PN, ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neuralgias 1/09
3 PN blocks w/Dr Quesada
Rt side TIR, ilioinguinal neurectomy & vestibulectomy 5/09 Dr Conway
Left side TIR 2/10 Dr Conway
Potter MRI 9/10 and consultation w/Loretta & Dr Hibner 12/10
Bilateral ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral release w/Dr. Hashemi Aug 2011 left & Sept rt
Bilateral TG surgery w/Dr. Conway will be in January 2012
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

MsRivers wrote: Also I tried looking up Dr. Dellon's info in the list of doctors and it wasn't posted. Is there some reason it's not posted?
We haven't gotten around to it yet -- we didn't have much info about him until recently and he had not requested to be listed.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
KC17

Post by KC17 »

90% of my pain is clitoral...

Dr. Potter found I had scar tissue abutting my dorsal nerves bilaterally.
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Ladies and Gentleman,
I think Dr. Oskar Aszmaan is a great doctor and a very nice,pleasant humane man and isn't as expensive as Dellon.The only thing is that one has to make a trip to Vienna,Austria.Usually, the dorsal nerve decompression is determined by physical examination and your symptoms and Medical History.Dr. Potter's 3 Tesla MRI should be sufficient to determine the dorsal nerve entrapment.It was very accurate in my case and I was found to be entrapped exactly where my dorsal nerve was entrapped.

Dr. Aszmaan also does a doppler test of the dorsal nerve and you can see the pathology on the screen.Also Dr Potter's MRI proved out to be very accurate once again and I had it cross checked checked by Dr. Oskar Aszmaan.

The PSSD test by Dr. Dellon can be considered a good tool,but it's reliability is questionable.

I just had my dorsal Nerve decompression two days ago,and I have seen some improvements already.I will be update the forum on my progress.I believe that it is the missing link to the PNE mystery,although the coming days will definitely prove it.
I sincerely hope that Dr. Hibner starts doing dorsal Nerve surgeries soon because he takes insurance and is a very compassionate doctor like Dr. Oskar Aszmaan.

I would also encourage all PNE doctors to look at this third point of entrapment
which is the dorsal /perenial nerve in additon to the Alcock's Canal as well as the ligament grip.

Kind Regards,
Ali

PS
I was a mess in the dorsal Nerve area.
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi GraceUnderfire,
The 3 Tesla MRI by Dr. Potter is more accurate than Dr. Olga Kalinkin's 1.5 Tesla MRI in Phoenix.I believe that they are trying to work together,but Dr. Olga Kalinkin at St. Jospeh's wasn't trained by Dr. Potter.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Ali,
I'm so glad to hear your surgery with Dr. Aszmaan went well and you are noticing immediate improvements! I look forward to your updates about your recovery!
Did Dr. A prescribe any post-op pain medication for you? Do you have any restrictions?
Wishing and praying for the best for you!
Warmest of regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Dear Karyn,
The Perinium area is very tight at the moment because of the stitches and is creating some Zaps and tention in that area.There is no problem walking or moving around.My perineal Nerve was fine.One immediate improvement is in the Urinary stress.Now my Urinary flow and stress has suddenly become normal.I thought bautrant's surgery solved the problem.It only improved it a little bit.Now I can Urinate with such force and the feeling is so great and natural.I am glad to find this relief after six years.The burning Pain in the Penis is slightly better and so is burning with Urination.

Kind Regards,
Ali

Return to “SURGERY”