Professor Oskar Aszmann

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
AliPasha1

Professor Oskar Aszmann

Post by AliPasha1 »

Ladies and Gentleman,
I would like to represent Professor Oskar Aszmann of University of Vienna,Austria who did my dorsal nerve decompression surgery ten days ago and is the only Plastic Surgeon/Perpherial Nerve surgeon in the world who created a hybrid bionic hand and attached it to a patient's dysfunctional hand after amputating it.This is the first surgery of it's kind in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12466817

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12490048

Enjoy the videos,

All the best,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
maria22

Re: Professor Oskar Aszmann

Post by maria22 »

Hi!doct Oskar Aszmann will do my dorsal nerve decompression the 8th of september .i would like to know if he reconstruct the suspensory ligaments after cutting and if you are doing well in your penile area now
Thank you
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Maria,

Professor Oskar Aszmann did repair my Penile Suspensory ligament during the surgery.I believe that it did help my ED issues.You can ask him to do so when you have surgery with him.Please also tell him to reach your distal Alcock's Canal because he can reach it now.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
maria22

Post by maria22 »

This souds strange :) i mean after overviewing potter's rmi doesn't he know by himself which nerves to address?or have i to tell him ? And is it up to you to decide to have the ligaments repaired or not? Anyway this surgery has helPed you a lot or not?i would tell him everything you ask me
Thanks
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Maria,

Ufortunately,Professor Aszmann only addresses the dorsal branch,the prenial branch upto the distal Alcock's Canal.He doesn't address the Pudendal Nerve in the Posterior Alcock's Canal,the sacrotuberous/Sacrospinous ligament or the ischial spine.

I believe that he is interested in doing PNE surgery,but I am not sure when he will be ready.It will be a great benefit to the European patients if he starts doing it because he is a very talented surgeon.

Take care,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikette

Post by mikette »

Hi all. I'm italian. what do you think about Dr. Possover in Zurich?
Any experience or information about him?

FROM HIS SITE.....

Laparoscopic management of painful pathologies of the pelvic nerves
Laparoscopic decompression/neurolysis of the sciatic nerves/ sacral nerve roots (endometriosis, post-surgery, Multiple sclerosis, others neuropathies..)
Laparoscopic decompression/neurolysis of the pudendal nerve / Alock´s canal syndrom
LION procedure to control neural pelvic pain syndrom (endometriosis, post-surgery...)
LION procedure to control refractary pudendal neuralgia
LION procedure to control sacral roots neuralgia
LION procedure to control Stump Phantom Pain after legg amputation
LION procedure to control Polyneuropathies of the lower limb
maria22

Post by maria22 »

Hi ali!yes i know he addresses only these 2 nerves but fortunately my problem is only there.my question is do i have to tell him (as you suggest me):"look even at the perieneal nerve and the distal alcock's canal in addiction to the dorsal nerve of the clitoris" or he already knows where to look from the potter's rmi ?and can you decide to have the suspensory ligaments repaired or not or does he always the same way?my friends in contact with you tell me you are getting better day by day....is it really so?
Thank u
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Maria22,

Just make sure that's what you want him to address it.It's good that the patient should be well-informed.I have improved ,but I don't think that i will improve any further.I am looking into PNE surgery to help my sitting pain.

Kind Regards,
Ali
mikette

Post by mikette »

Hi Ali, so you didn't consider Dr. POssover since you came to Europe....
does anybody know whether this physician is experienced enough in pudendal surgery?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Francesca, Dr. Possover has done a lot of surgeries and has published his results but I don't remember ever seeing any of his patients posting on the English PNE forums. If you speak French you could try the French forum.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”