Karen how are you doing?

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
judys

Karen how are you doing?

Post by judys »

How are you doing one month post op? I have had my first round of intense PT in Orlando and do not notice a difference in pain. They want to do at least 12 sessions so I have 7 to go. Somedays I think had I had my surgery with Dr. Conway I too would be 1 month post op. I am still praying for some relief with PT. If you are posting your recovery please let me know where. Wishing you the best. Judy
Symptoms came on so slowly they were hard to explain to anyone much less myself. Discomfort sitting one day and not the next. Foreign object feeling in various private parts. Doctor to doctor. Mis- diagnosed many times. Un-needed surgery, depression pills and finally a diagnosis of PN. EMG testing in NH. Unsuccessful nerve blocks. Will start PT in a few weeks. Finally I don't think I'm crazy!!!
KC17

Re: Karen how are you doing?

Post by KC17 »

Judy,

Who are you seeing in Orlando?

Krista
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Judy!
Thanks so much for checking in with me. I plan on posting a 6 or 8 week up date when the time comes. Yesterday (05/03/11) was my 5 week "aniversary"! :D
All in all, I'm doing pretty well! Sitting is still out of the question but it's not because of nerve pain. It's more a tightness in the bottom of my butt from surgery. I'm confident that as time and healing goes on that'll get better. I'm pretty active - puttering around the house, doing things at "counter level", been walking every day for the past couple of weeks and I make dinner every night. I'm not and never was couch bound or bed bound. Not even right after the surgery. I try to lie down for a little while in the afternoon to read, just to get off my feet for a while and I do need to be more diligent about that.
I think of you often, Judy and wish nothing but the best for you! I'm sorry the PT hasn't been very effective so far and hope it's not causing you pain flares.
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
judys

Post by judys »

Krista I am seeing Elizabeth Bell in Celebration FL and her assoc. is Tracy Sher in Orlando. They specialize in Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and especially Pudendal problems. I have had 5 consecutive days of PT. Now a 2 week break and I return for 4 more days, then 3 etc. We live 3 hours from Orlando so they are being very aggresive. I haven't noticed much change. Judy
Symptoms came on so slowly they were hard to explain to anyone much less myself. Discomfort sitting one day and not the next. Foreign object feeling in various private parts. Doctor to doctor. Mis- diagnosed many times. Un-needed surgery, depression pills and finally a diagnosis of PN. EMG testing in NH. Unsuccessful nerve blocks. Will start PT in a few weeks. Finally I don't think I'm crazy!!!
KC17

Post by KC17 »

Hi Judy,

I also see Tracy Sher. I have seen some improvement from her I think. I hope you feel relief soon.
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Karyn,
Glad to hear you are making progress. I have been wondering how you were doing. Your compassion and caring are one of the things that makes HOPE a place where people can come when they need encouragement. Sending healing energy in your direction.

All My Best,

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “SURGERY”