Cedars-Sinai Pudendal Nerve Testing

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Emily B

Cedars-Sinai Pudendal Nerve Testing

Post by Emily B »

Has anyone been to Cedars-Sinai Women's Continence and Pelvic Health Center in Los Angeles, CA? On their website, they list "Pudendal Nerve Testing". I'm also interested in researching whether they have doctors who specialize in pelvic pain and adhesiolysis surgery.

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Pr ... th-Center/

Emily B.
Emily B

Re: Cedars-Sinai Pudendal Nerve Testing

Post by Emily B »

I never heard back from my post, so I thought it was worth asking again.

Has anyone been to Cedars-Sinai Women's Continence and Pelvic Health Center in Los Angeles, CA? On their website, they list "Pudendal Nerve Testing". I'm also interested in researching whether they have doctors who specialize in pelvic pain and adhesiolysis surgery.

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Pr ... th-Center/

Emily B.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Em,
I've never been there, nor do I know of anyone who has. I can say that I've had all of that other testing they offer at Mass Generals Pelvic Floor Rehab Services in Boston.
They did not offer or acknowledge PN testing. Probably wouldn't hurt to give them a call to ask for the specifics of what "PN Testing" means. PNMLT? It would be great to have another resource for this condition!
Please let me know how you make out.
Love,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
lindsayg

Post by lindsayg »

Hi Emily,
I see that you have not posted in a very long time and hope you have found medical treatment. Just wanted to mention I know nothing about Cedars Sinai pudendal department, but I have an appointment in 1 week to see Dr Joshua Prager who is in the California Pain Medicine Center at UCLA. If you are still looking for someone in the LA area, give him a call.
Limdsay
Diagnosed with vulvadynia 2009
Diagnosed with PFD 2011 Dr. Andrew Goldstein in D.C. Started pt for one year, didnt help
Diagnosed with PN Dr. John McDonald UCLA Jan. '12
Had 3 pudendal nerve blocks with Dr. Hibner 2012
Had Botox shots Oct '12. Worked great for 6-7 weeks. Had them again Feb.14th 2013 didn't help
Am currently being treated by Dr. Prager in LA.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

Hi, Lindsay. That's so nice of you to think of me. I'm still in so much pain. I'd love to hear how your appointment with Dr. Prager goes.

Thanks,
Emily B.
merrie

Post by merrie »

Emily-

I live in the LA area. My understanding is this group works more with IC / prolapse patients. But Dr Hall is very respected and in my opinion it wouldn't hurt to have a consult with them. I am re-considering the same after seeing your post.

Best-
Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
lindsayg

Post by lindsayg »

Emily,
I hope I will have some good news to report to you. I also go to a fabulous Dr. in Phoenix. His name is Michael Hibner, he's at St. Joseph's Hospital and he is the most caring, sympathetic dr. who only wants to see you get well. I had 3 pudendal nerve blocks with him and have just, 2 weeks ago, had my second round of Botox shots.
The pudendal ct guided blocks are how they give you a definite diagnosis of pudendal neuralgia. Have you already been diagnosed? I started out with a diagnosis of vulvadynia 4 years ago, then pelvic floor dysfunction 2 years ago, and finally pudendal neuralgia last year. So I felt my next journey was to work with a team of pain management, psychological counseling and physical therapy. Hence, my appointment with Dr. Prager and team. We've rented an apartment at the Palazzo in Westwood and am ready to get started. I'll let you know but if you don't hear from me, write me. I haven't fully learned how to use this website and can get lost easily.
Lindsay
Diagnosed with PFD 2011 Dr. Andrew Goldstein in D.C. Started pt for one year, didnt help
Had Botox shots Oct '12. Worked great for 6-7 weeks. Had them again Feb.14th 2013 didn't help
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Lindsey,
Ive also been thinking about seeing Dr Prager in LA after hearnig of Lotta Nerve's success stories. I saw that you are about to start working with his group. I hope that all goes well and you get great results. One of my practitioners spoke with him for me and liked him.

I can't go out there right now as my kids are in school and I live on the east coast. I am going to pursue some more options here in my area , but if I have to, am still considering Dr Prager as I have been in pain for a long time, and my goal is mainly to break the centralized pain cycle.

Could you please if you have time keep us posted as to how you do? I could also give you my email address as I am very interested in Dr Prager.
I wish you all the best out there!
Thanks very much.
Kathy
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi LindseyG
I briefly spotted a post that you sent to Voilet saying you were trying to PM me. I lost track of the post and didn't get to read the entire thing.
I remember that you were starting treatment with Dr Prager and I was very interested in hearing about it.
I so hope that all is going well for you!
I have been in touch with Sharon and she is telling me a bit about pain pumps, as I am working with a pain doc here in the NY area and am awaiting a pain pump trial..The red tape involved in getting it going is taking awhile!
Meanwhile I want to make sure my doc is experienced and hope that I can maybe get him to speak to Dr Prager so that it is done the way he would advise for my pain issue.

Anyway all the best to you and I can email you if you like. Would love to hear about how you are doing with Dr Prager.
Regards,
Kathy D.
lindsayg

Re: Dr. Prager

Post by lindsayg »

Emily B,
I have now been under Dr. Pragers care for three months. He has lowered some of my medications and started me on tegretol. Not sure that has made a difference. I had a pelvic MRI neurogram and that shows my right obturator internus muscle pressing on my pudendal nerve. So finally, a confirmation that my pudendal nerve is causing pain. Dr. Prager does not suggest surgery. He gave me more Botox shots and we will see in 3 weeks if they have helped. If so, we'll continue to do Botox until it stops working. If the Botox is not successful, he suggests a neurostim. So far the Botox is working on the right side where he gave me the Botox shots. However, I am now having pain on the left side. Will give it a few more weeks. He said he will give me Botox on the left before making any decision to do a trial of the neurostim. Are you doing any better?
Lindsay

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”