Cold laser

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
judys

Cold laser

Post by judys »

Has anyone had or heard of cold laser being used on PNE patients. My physical therapist is starting to use it to help break up trigger points. I have not had this yet. I have just had internal and external therapy. I have had 12 appointments 1- 1/2 hours long. I really haven't had as much improvement as I had hoped. Nerve blocks have not worked, I don't know if this is all they can do to relieve my PNE symptoms. I don't even want to think about surgery yet. I am not on pains meds. just 1,800 mg of Gabapentin daily. This is the most awful thing to live with. It is so hard to explain what you are going through to family and friends. Prayers to all who live with this daily. Judy
Symptoms came on so slowly they were hard to explain to anyone much less myself. Discomfort sitting one day and not the next. Foreign object feeling in various private parts. Doctor to doctor. Mis- diagnosed many times. Un-needed surgery, depression pills and finally a diagnosis of PN. EMG testing in NH. Unsuccessful nerve blocks. Will start PT in a few weeks. Finally I don't think I'm crazy!!!
nyt

Re: Cold laser

Post by nyt »

I use cold laser therapy. I started using it about 2 years ago on the trigger points on my legs. It was a class III cold laser and I went 3 times a week for 3 weeks before I noticed improvement in the trigger points. I switched chiropractors about 1 year ago and she used the class III cold laser on my legs longer than the previous chiropractor I was seeing, on my lower abdomen and on my piriformis. I gave her an article on a class IV cold laser therapy about 9 months ago and she purchased a class IV cold laser. Class IV cold lasers are much more powerful, can go deeper into the muscle, and the treatment time is much shorter than for the class III cold lasers. The class IV laser works great on my piriformis syndrome and now I can go about 3 months between trigger point injections. When I saw Dr. Howard on Friday he told me he has other patients that use cold laser on their piriformis and have also found they can go much longer between trigger point injections. I have to be very careful with the class IV laser on my legs as my legs are very heat sensitive and it will flare my legs. You should ask the therapist whether it is a class III or a class IV cold laser. If your experience is like mine you will see improvement in your trigger point pain.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nyt

Re: Cold laser

Post by nyt »

I use cold laser therapy. I started using it about 2 years ago on the trigger points on my legs. It was a class III cold laser and I went 3 times a week for 3 weeks before I noticed improvement in the trigger points. I switched chiropractors about 1 year ago and she used the class III cold laser on my legs longer than the previous chiropractor I was seeing, on my lower abdomen and on my piriformis. I gave her an article on a class IV cold laser therapy about 9 months ago and she purchased a class IV cold laser. Class IV cold lasers are much more powerful, can go deeper into the muscle, and the treatment time is much shorter than for the class III cold lasers. The class IV laser works great on my piriformis syndrome and now I can go about 3 months between trigger point injections. When I saw Dr. Howard on Friday he told me he has other patients that use cold laser on their piriformis and have also found they can go much longer between trigger point injections. I have to be very careful with the class IV laser on my legs as my legs are very heat sensitive and it will flare my legs. You should ask the therapist whether it is a class III or a class IV cold laser. If your experience is like mine you will see improvement in your trigger point pain.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”