Pelvic floor Dysfunction/PN

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Mystoryhurts

Pelvic floor Dysfunction/PN

Post by Mystoryhurts »

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Do all the ladies here who have PN also have Pelvic Floor Dysfunction? Are the 2 always together? If there are people with only PN, is your outcome different? Has anyone been able to resolve their pelvic floor dysfunction but their PN was still a big problem? Thanks
Violet M

Re: Pelvic floor Dysfunction/PN

Post by Violet M »

Not a stupid question, for sure.

I think maybe the answer to your question is that everyone is different and you can have just about any of the scenarios you asked about. Most people with PN also have pelvic floor dysfunction because the pain causes the muscles to go into spasm. I've heard several people say their pelvic floor muscles were not affected but that's not typical. The reality is, it's often hard to tell whether it's just PFD or PN -- or which is causing which. Some people can improve just with treatment for PFD and become relatively pain-free but for others, they don't get any relief until the PN is released surgically. Does that answer your question?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”