Spiritual Healing ?

Here is an area to discuss and relate to Spiritual matters....share a thought, happy moment, cry on a shoulder, offer some faith to those in need. This area will not be viewable to non registered users.
polarbear

Spiritual Healing ?

Post by polarbear »

Hi everyone,

Has any one heard of Dr Issam Nemeh, his office is located in Cleveland, Ohio, but he always travels around the world giving inspirational talks and prayer healing. I have a friend that has had severe disabling back and neck pain for past 4years. She saw the dr in august, he prayed over her, and all her pain is gone. She is stunned by the outcome, because she is not a religious person, but got to the point that she would try any type of healing, it couldn't hurt anything.

This dr was on the Dr Oz show and it was quite interesting. A psychiatrist stated that people are both physical and spiritual, therefore they should use both conventional medicine and spiritual healing (prayer).

Just wondered what others think of this controversial topic.

Gail
HerMajesty

Re: Spiritual Healing ?

Post by HerMajesty »

His website says he provides both medical treatment and prayer, so at least some of his patients might be benefitting from whatever type of treatment he provides as well.
Prayer has actually been shown in clinical studies to correlate with improved clinical outcomes, such as survival rates in cancer patients. I think it is a worthwhile pursuit to augment medical care.
As far as the issue of faith healing, I believe that God always can, and rarely does, provide miraculous healing. In all instances when He does so, it is to nurture faith and trust in HIM. If somebody claims to be a "special healer" and makes a personal reputation and an income by lifting his or her own name up instead of the name of GOD, that is a scam not a miracle, JMO.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
ezer

Post by ezer »

My mother comes from a remote mountainous area where a group of people have special healing power. It is a secret and prayer that is transmitted from generation to generation. They are mostly Catholics but some claim that it is an older Celtic tradition. They do provide healing from severe burns, wart removal (I can testify of it), and strangely enough, it is amazingly efficacious for Cancer radiotherapy recovery according to local hospitals.
They do it by phone so no need to see them. Even state run hospitals have phone numbers available for patients to call. That group of healers is called "coupe-feu" (cut-fire). They must not accept money so it is completely benevolent. You can Google it.
My daughter was covered with warts for years but one day they completely disappeared. It was quasi instantaneous. I called my mother to tell her about this strange phenomena and she admitted to me that she had contacted on of those coupe-feu on my daughter's behalf by just sending a picture of my daughter to the healer.
I find it a bit creepy personally, but it is just accepted as a fact of life by the locals, and I have witnessed amazing healing albeit in a narrow field.
I wonder sometimes if it would work for neuropathies.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
polarbear

Post by polarbear »

Thanks HerMajesty and Ezer. Your input is greatly appreciated. I know this a controversial issue, but I had a need to learn more about it.
Thank
Gail

Return to “SPIRITUAL AREA”