IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
pianogal

IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Post by pianogal »

Although I haven't had much luck with cushions, this one actually helps me out even though I don't have IC.
I learned about it on our old pudendal site.

http://www.icnsales.com/chair-cushions/

I get cushion E which is for people 225-275 pounds, and I only weigh 115. But it works the best for me.

I'm also excited to go try out the Hara chair, as their factory is near my house. http://harachairusa.com/
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Celeste

Re: IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Post by Celeste »

I felt the same about the IC cushion; it's also very affordable as these things go.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the Hara chair when you try it out. I hadn't heard of this one.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

The IC cushion is also my favorite PNE cushion. You can't beat the price! I'm similar to you--I'm 110 but get cushion D.
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I have a few type C cushions but find i have to pad them out a little with softer foam.
I also use a round doughnut cushion at the same time and the combination helps a lot.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

I LOVE the look of the Hara chair ! Will be very interested to hear how it goes, don't like my chances of finding one in New Zealand but looks like exactly what I need !

Jude
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I love the look of the Hara chair....it looks like it will support the right areas...I look forward to hearing about it
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

The ICN cushion is my favorite too. I remove the cover it comes with because it's stretched to tight across the middle. That defeats the purpose of taking the pressure off. I've made my own cover that I use. I don't sew. I used "sewing machine in a bottle" which is a glue that is used on fabric and is permanent and can be washed.

Emily B.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Would anyone mind to tell me how big the "trough" in the middle of the IC cushion is, like how deep and how wide? I am afraid it might not have enough gap for me since I have so much pain around the ischial tuberosity ("sit bones"). Basically I can't find anything with enough gap for me except for a toilet seat.
Amanda wrote:I have a few type C cushions but find i have to pad them out a little with softer foam.
I also use a round doughnut cushion at the same time and the combination helps a lot.
Amanda,
How do you use a doughnut at the same time? And what kind of doughnut do you use?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
jacko

Post by jacko »

Hi all,
Im new to this site but I am a memeber of the tipna site for the last couple of years so I might know some of you guys.
I was just thinking of trying am ic cushion. I weigh 120 pounds do you suggest getting the 125-175lb size or 75-125.
Also how did you find when driving.

Many thanks.

Jacko
merrie

Post by merrie »

Hi Jacko

I weigh about 115 lbs and I use the 3" soft. I found that the 2" cushions are not padded enough to be beneficial.

I have been using mine for driving for more than 2 years. I couldnt drive without it!

Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”