Hyperbaric Oxygen and Pelvic Pain (IC)

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
pianogal

Hyperbaric Oxygen and Pelvic Pain (IC)

Post by pianogal »

http://www.icnsales.com/blog/hyperbaric ... -pain.html

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been studied for some time for IC, primarily in Germany if I remember correctly. Here’s an interesting reference to a paper in Italy! – Jill The use of the hyperbaric oxygenation therapy in urology – Abstract Thursday, 03 March 2011 Department of Urology, Misericordia Hospital, Grosseto, Italy. The basic principle of the hyperbaric oxygenation therapy (HOT) is to increase the dissolved oxygen in the blood when it is administered at high pressure. Then O2 will be distributed to the tissues through the pressure gradient, in this way obtaining an hyper-oxygenation of the tissue that has anti-inflammatory and pain-killing effects and induces augmentation of bacterial permeability to the antibiotics, neo-angiogenesis, enhancement of lymphocytes and macrophages function, augmentation of the testosterone secretion (in male), and healing of wound. These positive effects can be used in urology in several conditions: Scroto-perineal fascitis; Radiation-induced cystitis (and proctitis); Interstitial cystitis (urgency-frequency syndrome); Chronic pelvic pain. Our experience and the specific literature on this subject, suggest that HOT, sometimes associated with other medical and surgical therapies, can be a useful tool for treating such urologic diseases; in some cases this use is codified (Fournier’s gangrene and Radiation-induced cystitis) in others (urgency-frequency syndrome and chronic pelvic pain) it represents a promising technique and needs further research. Reference: Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2010 Dec;82(4):173-6. http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571464
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Violet M

Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen and Pelvic Pain (IC)

Post by Violet M »

Hi Pianogal,

After surgery I took quite a few hyperbaric oxygen treatments and insurance paid for about half the cost. I've heard of people spending thousands of $$$ on this treatment prior to surgery without success. My thoughts are that if you have an entrapment it should be released prior to trying hyperbaric oxygen.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”