Insprico CX cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Violet M

Insprico CX cushion

Post by Violet M »

I haven't tried this cushion but it looks like it might be good.

www.insprico.com
Mark/CustomerCare/Inspri, LLC
720-205-1681

Our CX product is the method we currently offer to address such needs, providing a channel from front to back of the cushion which is 3/4" deep in the neoprene rubber substrate. The reason we use multi density foams is to allow the more firm neoprene substructure to hold the pelvis above the Troff channel while enabling the tailbone to suspend over the Troff channel. The pelvis creates a bridge across the channel providing the effect. Over the top of this foam an upper layer of open cell polyurethane foam from plant based materials is used to provide some cushion comfort between the body and the more firm neoprene structural piece. Our Testimonials from Unalakleet, AK and Jackson, NJ are from users who have used the product for reasons such as yours.

You are certainly welcome to give the product a try by purchasing one and trying it out. All of our products are shipped sealed in a plastic which, when left on the product, allows the user to try it out for up to 15 days from receipt to determine whether it will meet their needs. You may wish to take a look at our Return Policy shown on the Home Page of the website as a button on the lower right corner of the page by scrolling down.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Faith

Re: Insprico CX cushion

Post by Faith »

Hi Violet,

I've been looking at this cushion but can't decide if it will help me or not. Most of my pain is right around my "sit bones" and I am pretty thin. It's such an expense. I'm afraid it will put too much weight on my sit bone area. Can you tell any better than me from the picture?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I haven't tried this cushion so I don't know for sure -- just thought it looked interesting. I'm thin also and I use a contour select roho cushion that has air pockets in it. It's the kind Christopher Reeves used before he died and it's very expensive but my insurance covered it at 100%. The only problem I have with it is I think they measured it a bit too large for me so it's a bit of a dinosaur to get it to fit into a normal chair. It's 16 x 16 in. but I think it would be better if it were 14 x 14.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

Like the cushions that IC Network sells, the cloth stretched across this cushion might cause pressure. I use the ones from ICN, remove the cover and put my own cover that I made on it. You can also put it into a pillowcase.

Emily B.
Faith

Post by Faith »

I ordered this cushion,but was very displeased with it. The product is about $80 with shipping and the "trough" in the middle looks much bigger online than in real life. The cushion is small which would be nice, but it didn't work for me at all. The foam is a bit firmer which is ok, but I needed relief from burning in the ischial tuberosity area and this didn't provide it. Thankfully I can return it. Just wanted to let everyone know what I thought about it.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
smileygram

Post by smileygram »

Violet,

Where did you get the roho cushion? How did you get your insurance company to pay for it? Did your doctor help you?

Thanks,
Debbie
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Debbie, my doctor wrote a prescription for a roho cushion and faxed it to a medical supply store in town that takes my insurance. They came out and measured me, ordered it, and delivered it. I recently ordered a second one that is smaller and fits in chairs better. Had to pay a copay this time since my insurance had changed but still they paid for most of it. This first one I had was too large from front to back but this new one is better.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Hey Violet,
Just ordered the CX cushion. I will let everyone know how it works for me. I also have sit bone pain but it is brought on by sitting on my perineal area so hopefully this will be a step up from the IC Cushion.The slope in the trough and the multi-dimensional foam sounds promising. We'll see. I will be sure to get Dr. Hibner to write me a scrip for the roho cushion when I see him in Oct.

Best Wishes,

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
elizabeth.w

Post by elizabeth.w »

For those who have gotten insurance to pay for the roho cushion - was the rx from the doctor enough or was there additional information you needed to provide? Just curious since the website says its a wheelchair cushion and my insurance is impossible when it comes to paying for medical equipment that is not from my HMO. I would really like to try one of these cushions since my IC cushion is not helping me as much as it used to.

Thank you-
Merrie
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Merrie, I just had to get a rx. from the doc. Also, I think it has to be coded as being medically necessary for a neuropathy.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”