No Feeling

Here is information about Doctors in the USA who diagnose and treat Pudendal Neuralgia through many methods.
Stacey12

No Feeling

Post by Stacey12 »

So many of you have pain, while my problem is opposite. I haven no feeling in the muscles the Pudenal nerve inntervates - no sensation to void until my bladder is nearly full and prior to the sensation to void - i guard it like crazy - as my bladder is highly sensitive to the fullness. I havent felt a fart pass in 12 years and cant squeeze my butt cheeks together. I used to run but cant any more. This is all due to the pressure during a long vbac. Dr. Benson diagnosed PN 10 yrs ago. Now that he has passed I have no one who understands my symtops, or to keep me updated on new research. I wish i had feeling - or could get those muscles loosened - they feel like steel tension rods.
helenlegs 11

Re: No Feeling

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Don't worry too much Stacey, you are not alone. Numbness is one of the symptoms of PN but because the nerve contains both motor and sensory fibres, function can be affected too. I'm not sure where you are but perhaps it would be a good idea to check out the phyisio section to help your tight muscles? http://www.pudendalhope.org/node/63
There is an absolute mine of information on the home pages in general and SO much more help available now, thank goodness.
I have the same problem as you but with my bowel and just have to 'try' every time I go to the loo. Haven't had an accident PHEW! but a couple of mad dashes.
I do hope that you can find someone local(ish) to you who can help.
What about medication? Honestly things have advanced in 10 years, you will find lots of help here too emotionally and practically. There are such a lot of knowledgeable people . I saw this was your first post, so glad you found us, welcome and take care.
Helen
Last edited by helenlegs 11 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Stacey12

Re: No Feeling

Post by Stacey12 »

Thanks Helen, I appreciate your response. I remember being diagnosed and trying to find information - but there was nothing out there. Luckily the PT I first went to sent me to Dr. Benson in Indianapolis - she descibed him as the "king of the pelvic floor - the guy who writes the textbooks on pelvic dysfunction." He was very good and really nice. At the time I was diagnosed he said there wasnt a lot I could do, I would get used to it eventually. He did mention a promising break through, in nerve-regeneration, at Purdue. But, I dont know what ever happened with that.

I got so tired of trying to explain my symptoms to Dr.'s who really dont have a clue. I really have a feeling that the botox might help me - but geeze, it would be so difficult, emotionally, going down that road again.

I have the bowel issues too, since i have lived with crohns most of my life, i was used to rushing to the bathroom and all that jazz. Fiber is definately my friend.

Well thanks again. It is nice to know this website is here :-)

Return to “USA”