Electric Shocks after walking?

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
Kate

Electric Shocks after walking?

Post by Kate »

Hi

Has anyone else had the feeling like the electricity is flowing through there legs and pelvis. After I walk for a while or a fast walk I feel some electric shocks in the vagina along with the muscle spasms down the leg & vagina. Feels very unusual & the shocks sometimes are directly to the clitoris which then makes that sore. When I see my doctor that knows about the Pudendal nerve what should I suggest they look at regarding this symptom. Is this related to the Pudendal nerve directly or is it caused by some other nerve?? Im going back to work soon which means more walking which I know will result in more electric shocks which means more pain. I was hoping someone might have had this particular symptom & had a doctor inform them of what causes it or if there is a particular MRI I should get etc etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Hope everyone had a good day today

Kate
Suffering from pain/muscle spasms in the vagina.Electric shock/Pulsing clitoris with some PGAD
20mg endep, 2x150mg lyrica
One step forward, two steps back at the moment
Making sure I make the good days count
helenlegs 11

Re: Electric Shocks after walking?

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I have the electric shocks, they come from nowhere and stop you in your tracks. My husband used to be concerned when I had that sharp intake of breath and jumped in pain but he's used to it now, or sick of it! as I have been known to grip on to him fairly strongly through a few of them :) thank goodness for sky plus!
Sometimes they are singular jolts, sometimes they come in quick succession. At least they are over with fairly quickly. I tell myself that it is a sign that the nerve can send signals still . I know many people have reported this same phenomena post surgery, even if they haven't suffered from it before as if it is the nerve waking up??
However I have had a few sessions where the shocks repeated every 2 -5(ish) mins apart, the worst lasting over 4 hours. I was in such a state each time but they do stop eventually. I put those ones down to muscle spasms, as I can't think what else could be responsible over that length of time. It was a bit like being in labour with nothing to show for it at the end! It always happens (except once) in the night and I am woken by them.
I try hot baths, breathing, ANYTHING (as quietly as possible) and am just about to give up and wake my husband to take me to A and E and they go? I have decided that I will go sooner next time as they need to see what kind of state I am in tbh.
In a very twisted way I do feel that because this is the only painful reaction that is properly noticeable (with my PN) it does give the problem some visible validation and my husband definitely knows how hard I grip on to him (it's love :) )
I haven't heard of anyone else having the prolonged session of shocks but many people do get them,individually or zaps of a few at a time. You are definitely not alone, I would say that it is part and parcel of having PN for some people, at the same time the less 'active' you are the less likely they are to occur. Seems that's your experience too?
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

Hi!
I also get this maybe once every 2/3 years :shock: but I feel it like a knife stab around my vagina and anul area ... Lasting for few seconds.... However few nights ago after exercising and eating I felt sooo sore SUDDENLY It felt like I was giving birth. I couldnt move. This lasted for about 1hour later on it kind of calmed down. I was crying! This never happened before... I searched the symptoms I experienced... : sharp stabbing feeling around the private areas... I dont have skin proble mits the deeper tissues in pain...

Now its been 4 days ... its ok now but I can tell the pain can act up anytime if Im not careful... Im so scared of that. I found Pelvic floor tightness or pudendal N can be the cause. But Im not sure which one it is. The pain dramatically calmed down so hopefully the whole issue will vanish on its own..Does anyone think it really will? because i hope it will...

Does pudendal N pain normally get worse or go away on its own or am I describing all the symptoms of pudendal N or pelvic floor tightness?
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Welcome Leilaa,
Not sure I could tell you what you have but a PT that is PN aware would be a good place to start. Check out the list off the homepage for someone nearby. You maybe at a good place to sort this out at the early stage.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Welcome Leilaa,
Yes PT is always a good place to start, especially as you have described what may have been a muscle spasm. If so those tight muscles need to be relaxed. Let us know how you get on and what you decide to do. The home pages are a great way to find out lots of good information. There ois also a list of PN aware Physiotherapists there too.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

thnx guys... Anyone know any good PT in Australia , Sydney?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sherin Jarvis - contact info at this link:

http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/59
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

Can I also ask if any one of you still workout as you normally will obviously when your pain started to ease away? Or you all just stopped working out completely due to this? Do you guys do some light ab workouts or strength training? I feel worse not doing a thing ... what do u guys do for general health and toning? I know some pple might just be happy without the pain but not working out (forever) will knock me back with my mood ..
calluna

Post by calluna »

Just wanted to say that I do work regularly with light weights - only 1kg these days. And bodyweight exercises, and some stretches. Also, I walk as much as I am able, preferably not uphill - that hurts, I don't really know why but it does.. Working out as I used to at the gym - not possible. Anything that raises intra-abdominal pressure causes an increase in pain. So this is just for flexibility and toning really - I do want to stay as fit as I can, and maybe I will reach the point where I can run again - I used to love running.
Leilaa

Post by Leilaa »

Thnx Calluna ... Can anyone ever do situps or ab work.. leg presses.. etc... in other words can anyone ever build little tone or muscle on the body or its all over from now on? I mean if you realuse you built some muscle around the abs or butt ot legs will this be a alarming problem? or is it ok to tone up like this if pain isnt a problem anymore? I dont want it to happen again... nope..

Are we supposed to grow flabby and weak with this problem? I dnt want to lose my core strength otherwise I become so fragile and skinny OR flabby Im already very smll .. I really hate this ..the more I read into it more negative things Im learning...

I have some time before the appointment.. I hope it will just sort itself out

You guys are great.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”