Personal nerve question

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
kat

Personal nerve question

Post by kat »

Mods if this is too personal feel free to take it down. I will be as careful as I can about the question.

With the nerve blocks does anyone notice it is harder to (finish) when being intimate due to numbness?
I know others have had numbness and feel that is the problem and don't know who else to ask.
This was never a problem before the nerve blocks.

Forgive me if this is too personal and PM me please so I don't have to be any more embarassed than I already am for feeling I need to ask this question.
I'm just trying to figure out what happened to me.
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
Violet M

Re: Personal nerve question

Post by Violet M »

No problem, Kat. That's what the forum is for. How long ago was your nerve block? Usually any new problems you develop from a nerve block will wear off in a few weeks.

There are a few people who have reported long-term worsening of various symptoms after nerve blocks. I've not heard of the one you are describing specifically though. I would ask the doc who is giving you these blocks post-op what evidence he has that they are successful. It might not be something you want to continue unless there's some really good evidence that they help a significant number of people post-op. I know too many people who have gotten worse from nerve blocks but I can't remember ever hearing of anyone who got better from nerve blocks after surgery.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
pn_person

Re: Personal nerve question

Post by pn_person »

kat wrote:Mods if this is too personal feel free to take it down. I will be as careful as I can about the question.

With the nerve blocks does anyone notice it is harder to (finish) when being intimate due to numbness?
I know others have had numbness and feel that is the problem and don't know who else to ask.
This was never a problem before the nerve blocks.

Forgive me if this is too personal and PM me please so I don't have to be any more embarassed than I already am for feeling I need to ask this question.
I'm just trying to figure out what happened to me.
not even sure why you have to ask that question, lol, the more numb, the more difficult "things" are going to be

normal required sensation is just not there

my numbness is severe, fortunately I do not have a bad pain issue like the vast majority here, but trust me, what you are asking has an intuitive answer..it is just what you thought

the anesthetic in the block, from what I understand, is fairly short acting, so I would think at least that part of the problem would self resolve quickly

good luck my friend..I "feel" for you having been numb for the majority of the year now with zero improvement..weird, and scared everyday that it will never resolve..trying to stay positive is soooo tough

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”