"Ending Female Pain"

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
Faith

"Ending Female Pain"

Post by Faith »

Has anyone read the book "Ending Female Pain: A Woman's Manual - The Ultimate Self-Help Guide for Women Suffering from Chronic Pelvic and Sexual Pain" by Isa Herrera? It can be found here on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/7gdtmtx. I doubt it's too helpful for people with PN/E, but it gets good reviews so I was just wondering if anyone had personally read it.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
ezer

Re: "Ending Female Pain"

Post by ezer »

My PT has it and likes it. There are very many exercises and stretches. I am honestly a little bit suspicious of the 22 reviews that are all absolutely perfect.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
pomegranate

Re: "Ending Female Pain"

Post by pomegranate »

Faith,

In terms of pelvic pain books written by PT"s, I think it's the best one out there. It has the most comprehensive overview of pelvic pain conditions and treatments, and lots of self-care approaches. I don't think any of these books are the answer for someone with a truly entrapped nerve, but I would recommend it to someone who just has PN from PFD, or other comorbid pelvic pain issues.

Like I said, I appreciate her self-care approaches, specifically the at home connective tissue work (internal and external) and foam rolling techniques, and her suggestions for whole body/mind care. It's less clinical than Amy Stein's book.

I will say, I don't think anyone who hasn't spend extensive amounts of time in pelvic floor PT should try the internal techniques on themselves. Too much risk of causing pain or inflammation unless you know exactly what internal work should feel like.

When I've talked to PT's about this book and Amy Stein's, most PT's are so happy that these books exist as resources for patients. However, more than one PT has told me they've had patients work themselves into awful flares trying to implement these books' approaches over the period of a couple of weeks when they should really take much more time than that.

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”