Pain pump I.e. intrathecal drug pump for PN?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Christopher

Pain pump I.e. intrathecal drug pump for PN?

Post by Christopher »

Has anyone here tried a drug pump?

I am correctly looking into it...

I'm interested in finding out:
1) did it help you
2) if so, how much
3) where did they out your drug catheter?

Christopher
Violet M

Re: Pain pump I.e. intrathecal drug pump for PN?

Post by Violet M »

I know someone who had transverse myelitis who is having good results with a prialt pump. She has a lot of symptoms similar to ours but her problems are in the spine, not the pudendal nerve.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
larry91555

Post by larry91555 »

I had a pain pump put in post surgery as I was so desperate and the American docs just didn't know what to do. I can tell you it was a huge mistake. Not only did it not work to control the post surgical pain but (although a rare side affect) due to the medication or some other 'unknown' reason a tumor grew at the tip of the catheter causing me serve spinal damage and another very painful surgery to take the tumor out. It also cost me the use of my right leg below my knee and the use of my right foot which I can no longer move. Although, fully recovered (100%) from the pne surgery the pain pump was the biggest mistake I made along the way.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

My PM doc won't do it until I've had a failed surgery.

Nerve pain doesn't always respond to narcotics. Mine does not. So an intrathecal pump of morphine, etc would not help me.

cm
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”