PT mentioned SIJD

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
brewcity

PT mentioned SIJD

Post by brewcity »

So, this might sound weird but I 'm just recalling something my PT said, before I was diagnosed with PN. She made mention of one foot being a bit shorter, and that could cause some of my pelvic pain. I had put an orthodic in my right shoe, and it made me a bit for stable standing, but did nothing for pain. Was what she was talking about possibly related to SIJD?
Even weirder, I remembered having an upper back pain from twisting and lifting, but it went away a day later and never really came back....maybe I'm just going crazy, but is there any chance that the back twist/foot length issues could be related to SIJD...and that could affect or have caused my PN. Maybe I'm just linking things together, but I never really put 2 and 2 together on those issues.
Faith

Re: PT mentioned SIJD

Post by Faith »

It is not uncommon to have one leg longer than the other with SIJD. There can be a true leg length discrepency and that is when the leg is truly longer than the other (measurements are taken from the anterior superior iliac spine to the malleolus (the bone on the inside of the ankle). Usually the true leg length discrepency is not treated unless it is 1/2 inch or more. Then there can be an apparent leg length discrepency and this is when one leg appears longer than the other due to rotation of the ilium which is come with SIJD. One of the most common ways to get SIJD is from a twisting motion that puts a strain on the ligaments and inflammes the joint. SIJD can definitely be a cause of PN. There are more and more people on the forum who seem to have SIJD in conjunction with PN although sometimes it is hard to tell which came first. If I were you, I would definitely try to get evaluated by a manual PT who specializes in SIJD.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”